In any child’s life, the role of a parent can never be understated. In modern societies, the grandparents are also a key figure to most children’s upbringing. However, some of the most underplayed relatives are aunts. Aunts play an integral role in bringing up their nieces and nephews.
Though the reasons why aunts are important is unlimited, here are the common ones.
1. Aunts are like the second parents to their nieces and nephews. That means they too, pick up the teaching role. They teach not only educational lessons but also life lessons.
2. Aunts have a special connection with their nieces and nephews. Thus, they will always try and spoil them.
3. Aunts are as close as parents, but one thing they are loved for is they can act as confidants to their nephews and nieces.
4. They know when their nieces and nephews are sad, happy, hurt, and many other emotions. Thus, they can be great counselors.
5. When the parents are unavailable, the aunts are the ones looked upon to instill key values to their nieces and nephews.
6. Aunts are always willing to help with their nephews and nieces in case the parents are busy at work, or aren’t in the picture anymore.
7. Aunts have a gentle yet effective way of correcting children.
8. They will always have time to help the children with their homework, and in learning new educational concepts.
Having an aunt is truly a joy. There is a lot they can do to help. For all the aunts, here are some of the best experiences you get to enjoy with your nieces and nephews.
1. Children are full of energy. Aunts are usually the ones who get to experience the fun of being with kids. They can also teach you new games.
2. As an aunt, you get to experience the birth of your nephews and nieces. The feeling from just seeing them is one of the best experiences in life.
3. That nice feeling you feel when you see your niece or nephew being born, it doesn’t go away. Even when they’re older, you’ll always have someone to hug.
4. One of the priceless joys of life is getting to see your niece or nephew grow up and become an independent person.
5. Having nieces and nephews can help you alleviate your stress. Their presence brings along joy.
6. Aunts are notorious for giving children candy, and they will always love you for this.
7. Since aunts are part of the family, they get to experience all the birthdays and other special occasions.
8. As an aunt, your nieces and nephews will always give you a reason to buy a new toy. You don’t have to feel guilty about it.
9. As an aunt, your nephews and nieces will always know they can rely on you.
10. With nieces and nephews around, you get to laugh a lot, play a lot, and rest better for it.