Goodbyes are hard. Especially when we have to give up something or someone before we’re ready, but you should always remember that it gives you a chance at a new beginning. A fresh start.
You can’t move on if you’re living in the past. It takes courage to walk away from someone who no longer fits into your life. But by doing so, you’re getting closure. You’re starting your future with a clean slate. No excess baggage.
Here are some things you’ll discover along the journey to your new life.
1. Some things just aren’t meant to be. Don’t fret if things are starting to fall apart. Life does that. It’s just shedding the layers of your old life to make room for something newer and better.
2. It may hurt to say goodbye to someone, but down the road, you’ll understand why it happened that way. Trust me. There’s a reason.
3. Take it one day at a time. Don’t expect things to be normal immediately. It takes some adjusting. But hang in there and enjoy every day of your life, no matter how rough. It will get better.
4. You won’t be expecting it, but somebody perfect is going to appear one day. They’ll see your broken pieces and help put you together again, appreciating the cracks and fragile surfaces. Where everyone else saw flaws, they’ll see perfection. But you have to go through battles to get the scars they’ll fall in love with.
5. In life, unfortunately, we all run into dead ends. Don’t keep traveling down the same path expecting a new destination. Instead, find new roads to travel. There’s so much out there for you to experience!
6. When it all comes crumbling down, your family will be there to help you stand tall again. They’ll be your support, your anchor. You may not have noticed before how much you can depend on them. But from this point on, you won’t take it for granted again.
7. You will start to see that when something didn’t go the way you wanted in the past, something better replaces it in the future.
8. Life is short. It goes by in the blink of an eye. And you never know when your number is going to be called. Stop wasting your life with people who make you miserable. Even if you love them, let them go. You can’t force things and you can’t be the only one putting in the effort. Some things just aren’t meant to be. Something better is coming.
9. There will be things that weigh you down. Instead of lugging the weight, take time to analyze the situation. If you aren’t getting any value from it, leave it behind. You don’t need it.
10. Life isn’t supposed to be easy. Otherwise, how would we grow as people? This may disappoint some, but if it’s worth it, it’s going to be difficult. You’re going to have to give it your all. But why wouldn’t you? You should want to live life to the fullest, no matter how hard it is. You’re never going to be handed the perfect life and be told to enjoy. Life doesn’t work like that. I mean, it’s right there in the word:L (Life) + I (Isn’t) + F (Freaking) + E (Easy).
11. Hard times reveal our true natures. You’ll be surprised to discover which people will actually help you when you need it and who’s just there superficially. Make sure you pay attention.
12. You’re going to be open to new experiences and you’re going to learn new things about yourself as a person. You’ll start to value the new changes. You’re about to realize potential you never knew you had. The future is full of possibilities. And you’re now brave enough to try them.
13. Once you finally figure out your path, you’re going to finally have the kind of life you’ve always wanted.
14. New beginnings are a blessing in disguise. It’s a chance to start over. To learn from our mistakes and do better than before. It allows us to be the new person we are, rather than the person we were. You should remember that your future hasn’t been decided yet. You are in control. So don’t be scared of what’s to come. Embrace it and make it what you want it to be.
15. You will finally understand that if it’s meant to be, nothing will stop it. And if you have to force it, it’s not worth it.
16. When you finally step away from a difficult long-term partnership, you’re going to realize how much negativity is no longer in your life. You’ll start acknowledging your worth and understand that you deserve someone who can appreciate it as well. The first step to moving on is letting go of the past. It gets easier from there.
17. Stay positive, even when you hit a bump. Even when things are getting easier, you’re still going to face obstacles. Find something that inspires you to keep going. When you have a goal and you have something that drives it, you’ll get back onto the right track easier.
18. When you’re on the bottom, you discover the difference between what you want and what you need. It’s usually two different things. We want to make our relationship work. But catching our partner cheating again is proof that what we need is to walk away and start over. Follow your instinct. Make the choice that’s going to make your life better. Forgiving a cheating spouse isn’t the right option. Take it from someone who’s been there.
19. I like to say, “If you knew my story, you’d wonder how I can smile.” I’ve been through a lot of bad situations. But I overcame them all. I am a warrior. And you are too. When a problem comes up, face it head-on. You can handle anything life throws at you.
20. Out with the old, in with the new. And the new is much improved. Once you start moving on, every new opportunity will be better than before.
21. Life isn’t fair. There’s no answer for why. It just is. Sometimes, you have to go through a difficult time and hit rock bottom so that you can build yourself into a newer, stronger version. That battle was only preparing you for the next one. But remember this: Your record for overcoming challenges is 100%. You got this.
22. Every obstacle you face will help you evolve into the person you’re meant to be. Bad situations suck but learn from them. Let it teach you a lesson. Use what you learned to become stronger, more resilient. You are a fighter. No matter what life throws at you, you can face it head-on. And remember, things will always get better.