Utah Woman, 39, Dies 4 Days After 2nd Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Autopsy Ordered

utah woman, 39, dies 4 days after 2nd dose of covid-19 vaccine; autopsy ordered

It seems like there have already been four deaths caused by the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine in Utah. This figure includes a 39-year-old Utah woman who succumbed to this vaccine's adverse effects four days after receiving it.

Families have reported these deaths to the CDC's Vaccine Adverse Reporting System.

Kassidi Kurill was a special victim of this medical intervention: she was only 39. The mother of one had received a dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before she died four days later.


After this tragedy, her family is awaiting an autopsy, even though they have already held an event to celebrate her life.

Kassidi was healthy, happy, and energetic, and she had no known health issues or pre-existing conditions before getting the vaccine.


The Death Was Completely Unexpected

Kassidi was the daughter of Alfred Hawley, a retired Hill Air Force Base fighter pilot.

Although the man has known danger and loss all this life and had taken it in his stride all through, his daughter's death got to him.

"I didn't really cry when my dad died, I cry a lot for her."


Before the celebration of life event, he spoke about his girl. She always wore makeup to cover up the freckles on her face.

He loved the freckles so much.

With teary eyes, Alfred claimed that he was making peace with this emotion:

"I'm at a state in my life where I'm ok with that (emotion). She was the one who promised to take care of me."

Kassidi was Alfred's youngest daughter, and the death came suddenly. His family has had a rough couple of months.


They have had to bury three family members before Kassidi in a period of about one year.

Kassidi Died After The Second Dose Of COVID-19

utah woman, 39, dies 4 days after 2nd dose of covid-19 vaccine; autopsy ordered

The woman died four days after getting the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Most of her family members didn't even get a chance to say their goodbyes.

Alfred remembers how it all started. Kassidi had woken up early to ask him for help.

She told her dad that her heart was racing and that she felt like she should visit the emergency room.

Kassidi and her daughter, Emilia, 9, lived with her parents. Emilia has been living there since she was born.


Alfred spent a lot of time with the family.

She Got Sick Immediately

utah woman, 39, dies 4 days after 2nd dose of covid-19 vaccine; autopsy ordered

According to Alfred, after receiving the vaccine, Kassidi "got sick right away." There was also soreness at the place where the shot was given.

After that, she began getting sick and complained about not peeing despite consuming a lot of fluids. However, she felt a little better the following day.

The first shot had not been as hard on her, although it left her with a sore arm. There were no other side effects or related health issues to speak of after the first vaccine shot.


Kassidi was a surgical tech for many local plastic surgeons, and she had to get the vaccine shot since it was required in her line of work. She was the first person in her family to get the vaccine.

When she was getting the shot, she was fine with it. In fact, she recommended that all family members get it as well.

On The Day She Got The Second Shot, She Was With Her Sister

Although her sister Kristin lives in Arizona, they were very close. In fact, on the day Kassidi got the second shot, they spent the day together and even went shopping.


Although she is older than Kassidi, Kristin was often confused as her twin. They talked on the phone every day.

After Kassidi got the shot, she seemed okay for most of the day, but she started feeling unwell that evening.

However, this did not worry any family members because Kassidi explained that everyone from her work had flu-like symptoms. This put their concerns to rest, and they thought it was something that would be gone after a couple of days.


However, the following day, on Tuesday, Feb 2, Kassidi spent all the day in bed. She also spent the whole of Wednesday in bed.

On Thursday, she realized something was wrong. That was the day she got up early and asked her dad to take her to a local ER.

They got there by 7 in the morning.

Soon after getting there, Kassidi was vomiting, and the doctors began asking the reason behind her serious sickness.


Alfred remembers the doctors asking if there was any explanation for the sickness. He told them that she just got a shot.

From there, they did a blood test and realized she was seriously sick and that her liver was no longer working.

Kristin Thought Her Sister Would Be Out Of The Hospital In An Hour

utah woman, 39, dies 4 days after 2nd dose of covid-19 vaccine; autopsy ordered

Kristin was in Arizona on the day Kassidi was taken to the hospital. Although she was surprised to learn that her sister was in the hospital, she thought Kassidi would be back home in an hour after getting an IV.

However, Alfred knew better. He knew his daughter would not be out of the hospital any time soon.

In fact, he was even afraid to tell his wife about it:

"… I was even afraid to tell my wife."


Kassidi was later flown out to Intermountain Medical Center, located in Murray. The facility is a trauma center that also does transplants.

Because her liver was not functioning, the doctors thought a transplant was the best option if she was to make it.

Kristin was also told that her sister had been referred to another facility. At this point, she realized how serious Kassidi's condition had become.


She got on the first flight to Utah. However, when she arrived, she could not get into the hospital because of the COVID-19 protocols at the facility.

She waited with Kassidi's daughter, Emilia, as Kassidi fought for her life. They were all hoping for a miraculous recovery.

Parents Volunteered To Donate Parts Of Their Livers

utah woman, 39, dies 4 days after 2nd dose of covid-19 vaccine; autopsy ordered

Alfred and his wife were willing to give portions of their livers to help out their daughter. They understood that even if they were not perfect matches, they could trade with a donor who was Kassidi's match.

Unfortunately, they never had that chance to save their daughter's life.

All the efforts the doctors at Intermountain were making to stabilize Kassidi were not working. At this point, it was not just the liver that had shut down.


The kidneys and heart were also failing.

30 hours after she arrived at the emergency room, Kassidi had already passed on.

Alfred was with his daughter when she died, and he couldn't make head or tails of it:

"She was healthy – happy and active. The greatest mom you ever saw in your life and then she was so sick that in less than 12 hours intubated and on life support."

The doctors at Intermountain recommended an autopsy and the family agreed. Kassidi's body was moved to Utah State Medical Examiner in Taylorsville and a full autopsy was done on her.


However, the State Medical Examiner cannot comment on the case due to privacy laws. He also said that proving that vaccine injury was the reason for death is quite rare.

The medical examiner, Dr. Erik Christensen, had this to say:

"Did the vaccine cause this? I think that would be very hard to demonstrate in autopsy."

He also explained that the only instance he could think of where the vaccine could be blamed for causing death was when anaphylaxis happens immediately. Therefore, a person has to die almost immediately for the vaccine to be listed as the cause of death:


"Short of that, it would be difficult for us to definitively say this is the vaccine."

So, it is highly likely that there will no answers about Kassidi's death.

Autopsies help provide answers to families when no disease or health issues were found to have directly caused the death. Since there was no conceivable cause of death in this case, then conducting an autopsy would have helped the family understand if the vaccine played a role in Kassidi's death.


Autopsies can also help know if there was a serious undiagnosed health issue such as pneumonia, cancer, or heart condition affecting the deceased. Erik explained that there were a lot of people who are unknowingly living with serious medical conditions.

According to Kassidi's family, she had no known medical conditions.

Digging into her past medical records could help find answers. However, that could take months.


Additionally, this analysis will only help find a cause of death based on what the toxicology report reveals.

Kassidi's family hopes that they will find answers. However, it is also possible that her family will never have satisfying official answers about death.

All Kristin remembers is that Kassidi was perfectly fine on the day she got a shot, and then "everything changed."

Alfred, her father, shares a similar opinion. He recalls that her daughter was "…healthy and good – then she took the shot."


He also referenced "Accom's Razor" which posits that "the simplest answer is mostly likely correct."

So, unless they get another explanation, Alfred believes that her daughter's death has something to do with the vaccine shot she got.

Her Death Will Leave A Huge Gap

utah woman, 39, dies 4 days after 2nd dose of covid-19 vaccine; autopsy ordered

Kassidi's death will be deeply felt. Her daughter will keep living with her grandparents.

The family has set up a Memorial Account in Kassidi Kurill's name. Also, a GoFundMe account has been created to help cover her funeral expenses.

It was actually Emilia, "Millie," who wanted the story her mom told to the world. Since her mother passed on, the little girl has had to grow up fast.


For instance, she had to watch her grandpa get another dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, although she was begging him not to.

Alfred Took His Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine Despite Her Daughter's Predicament

Alfred received his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine soon after his daughter did. Nevertheless, he decided to get a second dose. He understands there is always a risk:


"You can't make that go away, we take risk everyday all day long. You just have to decide – does it make sense."

For him, it made sense:

"… as a 69-year-old diabetic it made sense to take the second shot and get 95% immunity."

However, he understands that for a young person, it doesn't make sense. His opinion is that everyone has to make their own decision about the vaccine.


In the State of Utah, there have been four reported vaccine deaths. However, the other three relate to people in their 80s.

It appears that no autopsies were ordered in these other cases.

The Medical Examiner, Erik, admits that vaccine deaths are very possible and that they have been known to happen.

He explained that every vaccine or substance used to treat someone could create a negative outcome. However, these deaths are "vanishingly rare in comparison to the lives they save."


At the moment, around 1,637 families or caregivers reported vaccine-related deaths to VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System).

As far as CDC is concerned, there are no deaths related to the COVID-19 vaccinations. On their website, they claim that VAERS got 1,637 (0.0018%) reports of death out of the over 92 million doses administered between December 14, 2020, and March 8, 2021.


They also note that there was "no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths" after CDC and FDA physicians reviewed the reported deaths based on death certificates, autopsies, and medical records. The organization also promised to keep investigating reports that the vaccine was causing adverse events, including deaths.

Therefore, it is highly unlikely that Kassidi's death will be officially recognized as having happened due to the COVID-19 vaccine she received despite being the only conceivable reason behind her tragic demise.