When something goes wrong, such as unintentionally texting your significant other, the easiest response is to deny any responsibility and assert that it was a mistake. It is a common tendency for humans to search for someone else to blame.
Instead of admitting fault, one might say, "No, it wasn't me. It was the one-armed guy! Can't you see the humorous tone in the text?" You might try to argue, "I would never do something like that."
However, there is a limit to how much a story can be twisted. If you take it too far, it will only make you appear absurd. Let's take a look at some of the more outlandish examples, like bringing a Labrador to a meeting with a dog-phobic Angela Merkel or pretending to accidentally purchase a Range Rover.
It's hard to believe that these individuals were unaware of their actions at the time they took them.
2. Bed Bug Paparazzi
3. Fall Selfie
4. This Is A Case For The Mythbusters
5. How About That
6. What Are The Odds Of That Happening?
8. Oops The Baby Did It Again
9. We'll Let That Pass, Just This Once
10. What's She Doing In The Shadows?
11. The Phone Started Doing What?
12. Crocodile Shame
13. OMG, You Just Didn't!
14. Somebody Call An Exorcist
15. Alexa, Play "Dilemma" By Kelly Rowland
16. How To Ruin A Chance All By Yourself
17. Candid All Day, Every Day
18. Textbook Gym Pro
19. How Is This Even Possible?
20. Can I Get An Amen?
21. Gosh Dang It Siri!
22. My Goodness
23. What A Mistake
24. Well He Clearly Meant Something
25. They Have To Be Really Careful
26. Relatable? Highly Doubt It
27. We Had No Doubt Whatsoever!
28. Really Logan, Really?
29. How Adorable
30. Error 404: Logic Not Found
31. Things That Make You Go Hmm
32. Oh Dear...
34. Yeah, Sure! We Believe You!
35. Why So Serious?
36. We Think You're Missing The Point Here
37. That's One Way Of Doing It
38. Be Straight Up