Wisdom can be found in many places, including the mouths of famous people like artists, actors and entertainers.
Each of us has undergone an experience that made us think back and caption the moment in a beautiful philosophical quote.
And since we like to learn from the rich or the famous, here are some quotes from popular people that can change your life.
1. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”Andy Warhol.
Things don’t improve on their own, you have to make sure they do.
2. “You get what you settle for.”Thelma & Louise
More often than not, life gives you what you will tolerate. So, make sure you settle for what you want and nothing less and you will be happy with what you have.
3. “In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” Warren Buffett.
These powerful words by the most popular investor tell you that sometimes, it’s okay to walk away and seek better opportunities. So, if that career or relationship is not working out, then it’s time to change boats.
4. “Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. Do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice.” Will Smith
There you have it, the difference between fear and danger. So, let go of the fear, it’s a destructive mental construct.
5. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” Bruce Lee
It does not take extra-ordinary people to achieve extra-ordinary things. With enough focus, you can do amazing things.
6. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.” Helen Keller
It’s simple, if you focus the positive, you will not have to complain about the negative things in your life all the time.
7. ”Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
Some people will never have enough, and unless they change, they never will. Contentment starts by appreciating what you already have, not by obsessing over what you lack.
8. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” Leonardo Da Vinci
If you wait on luck to take you where you want to go in life, then you will probably remain unsuccessful in this life. To achieve anything worthwhile, you have to make an effort yourself.
9. “I think the first half of my 20’s I felt I had to achieve, achieve, achieve. A lot of men do this. I’m looking around now and I’m like, Where am I running?” Justin Timberlake
Sometimes you are a dog chasing cars, working so hard on something and when you achieve it you realize that there were more important pursuits for you to focus on in this life.
10. “If someone’s not attacking you that means you’re not doing your job effectively.”Sean Hannity
If you are doing something worthwhile in this life, then you will always find someone to oppose your efforts. Haters hate successful people, get used to it.
11.“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” Albert Einstein
People can disappoint you, but if you focus on your goals, you will not have to trouble finding happiness in this life.
12. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” Barack Obama
The former US president tells us that change has to come from within us. The difference you want to see in the world starts with you, not with other people.
13.“Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” John F. Kennedy
If you are afraid of failing, then you will not get far in this world. You have to risk failure to achieve greatness.