The Opposite Of Design Fails: 50 Of The Most Brilliant Design Ideas That People Have Ever Shared In This Online Group (New Pics)
Published in Aug 2021 / Updated in Sep 2021
We’re pretty sure you have been bombarded with hilarious pictures of ridiculous design fails before. Such images are fun to watch, and they can give you a good laugh, but it’s time for a change.
Here are incredible images of designs that went beyond expectations and turned out to be incredibly brilliant. This proves that there are designers who are doing their jobs perfectly and therefore deserve all the attention they can get for their efforts.
These folks are clearly far beyond their peers, and it shows in their work. We’ll cover everything from furniture, graphic, architecture, product, and even industrial designs.
You’ll be surprised at how many brilliant designs there are out in the world. Here we go.
1. Cleverly Using Nature To Provide A Shade A Walkway
2. This WWI Memorial From Hungary Tells A Painful Story
3. What A Fun Way To Design Playing Cards
Most people only see the complete product and miss out on all the effort and ingenuity to create something truly captivating. According to experts, the process of designing something takes a lot of research, trial and error, and even some bit of psychology.
Designers have to know when to take a step back and see if their idea was as good as they imagined and rethink their plan if it’s not working out. That can get quite frustrating at times.
That is why designers have to learn to have fun with their creations.
The relaxed attitude helps as it encourages creativity and experimentation, which is necessary to create something especially outstanding.
Designers have to understand that they don’t get paid for their time but their unique insight and years of experience. Experience can help an expert create something in a lot less time, which helps in this profession.
4. This Bench Can Always Be In The Shade, Thanks To The Rails
5. This Apartment Building In Turin Has 150 Trees
6. This Is An Ad To Discourage Littering In Toronto, Canada
Many designers, fortunately, have some ideas on how to make their designs look like masterpieces. Dieter Rams, a revered German designer, came up with the “10 commandments” that many designers use to perfect their creations.
The commandments explain that a design has to be innovative, make the product useful, appealing, easy to understand, honest, durable, thorough, unobtrusive, and environmentally friendly. Strangely, Rams also includes the rule that the design has to involve as little design as possible.
Essentially, good designs represent a good balance of function, form, and fun. Therefore, the user should not struggle too hard to figure out why the design is so effective.
So, unlike what some people think, aesthetics are not all that a good design needs. An effective design also communicates effectively while also pushing boundaries and solving problems.
In other words, the best designs should be simple but significant.
7. A Giant Iron Tree, Russian Ministry Of Agriculture
8. A Brilliant Placement For The Soap Dispenser To Avoid A Stain On The Sink
9. The Most Brilliant Ladle You’ve Ever Seen
10. An Angled Bottleneck To Make Drinking And Refilling Easier
11. The Dune Back Cover Says Dune Regardless Of How You Turn It
12. A Hair Advertisement That Changes Color Depending On The Time Of The Day
13. A Charming Gothic Victorian House In California, Put Up In 1888
14. An Ad For Seatbelts In Canada Showing In A Very Brilliant Way That They Help Save Lives
15. This Suitcase Can Measure It’s Weight
16. A TV With A Thoughtful Cable Management System
17. A Refrigerator For Really Lazy People
18. Ford’s Campaign After Saudi Arabia Started Allowing Women To Drive
19. A Puzzle That Comes With A Stand To Hold Up The Box
20. A Truly Artistic House Built In 1880s In Belgium
21. Someone Bought Glasses, And This Is The Captivating Bag They Came In
22. A Brilliant Way To Use The Captain’s Arm
23. Look How These Milk Jugs Line Up!
24. Isn’t That Amazing?
25. A Breathtaking Deck
26. If You Keep Missing The Keyhole, This Lock Is For You. It’s Designed For Elderly And Drunk People
27. These Are Igloo Hotels In Lapland, Finland
28. Covers Of “Der Spiegel” In 2017 And 2020
29. This Is A Lawyer’s House In Russia, Featuring Beautiful Gothic Architecture
30. A Very Clever Caution Sign To Warn Passersby About The Risk Of Slipping
31. This Norwegian Restaurant Looks Like It’s Partly Sunken Into The Sea
32. A Bed Sheet With Directions On How To Place It More Easily
33. A Really Unique Dining Chair
34. This Is The Work Of A Self-Taught American Artist, Brian Mock. It’s Made Using Reclaimed Materials
35. Silverware For Elf Fans
36. This Apartment Building In Turkey Looks So Unreal
37. A Really Cute Electric Van Owned By The Royal Mail
38. The Ridges On The Bread Knife Are A Reflection Of Major Swiss Peaks
39. A Bedroom With A Glass Ceiling
40. This Ad By Hut Weber, A German Company, Shows The Incredible Difference A Hat Makes
41. The Most Creative Exit Sign You’ll Ever See
42. The Logo On This Umbrella Only Shows When The Surface Is Wet. How Cool
43. This Is The Breathtaking Design Of A Home Office In Paris
44. A Clever Dishwasher That Projects A Timer So Cleverly For Easy Viewing
45. Hilarious Bottle Opener
46. This Maintenance Worker Has A Shirt That Also Acts As A Sign
47. This Basketball Court Was Designed By Ill Studio And Nike, It’s Located In Pigalle, France
48. A Brilliant Poster For The Movie Borat2
49. A New Cover By Time. We Are In The Thick Of It
50. A Badge Design That Perfectly Captures Our Sentiments For The Year 2020
Clearly, it’s not just bad designers who need attention for their work. We have plenty of brilliant designers who have come up with very inspiring and attention-worthy inventions.