The entertainment world has produced some genuinely iconic actors over the years, many of whom are popular in Western culture. From the classic Hollywood stars of the golden age to modern-day A-listers, these actors have captured our hearts and minds with their talent, charisma, and versatility.
Whether they are known for their dramatic performances, comedic roles, or action-packed adventures, these actors have made a lasting impact on the world of film and television. Here are our ten most famous actors in Western culture and some insights into why we love them so much.
Where To Watch Them In Their Greatest Roles?
The best streaming services offer a variety of dramas, including those featuring many of the Asian actors mentioned above. It's possible to download a top-tier Chinese dramas app from the Google Play Store to watch these dramas on your Android device. Once the app is installed, you can sign up for a free account or purchase a subscription to access the full library of content.
In addition to dramas, the top-rated apps offer a selection of films, variety shows, and other content from countries such as South Korea, China, Taiwan, and Japan. Plus, the leading apps are available in multiple languages and offers subtitles in several languages. Folks have come to enjoy talents of some of the most celebrated Asian actors.
Without further ado, let's get down to our top 10 superstars in no particular order. Who would you rank in the top 10, and how would you shift this order around?
- Bruce Lee is a Hong Kong actor who is widely considered one of the most influential martial artists of all time. He is best known for his roles in films such as "Enter the Dragon" and "Way of the Dragon." Lee was born in San Francisco, but his family moved back to Hong Kong when he was a child. He studied martial arts at a young age and eventually became an instructor. Lee's unique blend of martial arts and philosophy made him a trailblazer in the film industry, and his movies continue to be popular today.
- Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong actor and martial artist who is known for his acrobatic fighting style and comedic timing. He has appeared in 150 films, including "Rush Hour" and "Kung Fu Panda." Chan is also a singer, director, and producer and has been honored with numerous awards throughout his career.
- Jet Li is a Chinese actor and martial artist who has appeared in numerous films, including "Lethal Weapon 4," "Romeo Must Die," and "Hero." Li began training in wushu, a Chinese martial art, at the age of eight and went on to become a national champion. He has also worked as a film producer and is involved in charitable work.
- Chow Yun-Fat is a Hong Kong actor who is known for his roles in films such as "Don't Call Me God of Gamblers," "The Man from Macau," and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End." "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "Bulletproof Monk," and "Anna and the King." He has received 13 major awards, 34 nominations, and worked as a respected film producer.
- Tony Jaa is a Thai actor and martial artist who is known for his roles in films such as "Jiu-Jitsu," "Ong Bak," "Ong Bak 2," "Ong Bak 3," and "Tom-Yum-Goong." Jaa began training in Muay Thai, a traditional Thai martial art, at a young age and has used his skills to become a successful action star.
- Donnie Yen is a Hong Kong actor and martial artist who has appeared in films such as "Ip Man," "Blade II," and "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story." Yen has trained in various martial arts styles, including kung fu, taekwondo, and judo, and is known for his acrobatic fight scenes. He has been awarded 26 times and nominated for an additional 24 performances.
- Michelle Yeoh is a Malaysian actress who is known for her roles in films such as "Everything Everywhere All At Once," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "Memoirs of a Geisha," and "Tomorrow Never Dies." Yeoh began her career as a ballerina and later transitioned to acting, becoming one of the most successful Asian actresses of all time. She has won 17 awards and has been nominated 43 times.
- Gong Li is a Chinese actress who has appeared in films such as "Mulan," "Leap," Coming Home," "Raise the Red Lantern," "Memoirs of a Geisha," and "Miami Vice." Li has received numerous awards for her acting and is known for her performances in both dramatic and comedic roles.
- Ziyi Zhang is a Chinese actress who is known for her roles in films such as "Hero," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "The Road Home," "House of Flying Daggers," and "Memoirs of a Geisha." Ziyi began her acting career in China and has since become a successful actress in both Chinese and Hollywood films. She has been nominated for 70 awards and has won 59 awards from global TV and film authorities.
- Song Kang-ho is a South Korean actor who has appeared in films such as "Parasite," "The Host," "Snowpiercer," and "The Drug King." Kang-ho is known for his versatility and has received numerous awards for his acting.
These ten Asian actors (past and present) have significantly impacted the world of entertainment with their talent and charisma. From action stars to dramatic actors, they have captivated audiences with their performances and continue to be celebrated for their contributions to film and television. Whether you are a fan of martial arts, comedy, or drama, you can enjoy the work of these talented actors by watching their films on top-rated streaming platforms. So, bust out the popcorn, and get comfortable; it's going to get wild!