Brene Brown once said that daring to set boundaries is having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others. So, it's important for each of us to know our boundaries.
Without them, relationships can easily get ruined over seemingly minor issues.
Hopefully, these witty quotes about overstepping boundaries will help put this into perspective.
Clear and healthy boundaries help promote respect and compatibility in relationships, and I will even go as far as saying that no healthy relationship can exist without proper boundaries.
So, know your boundaries. And these great quotes about boundaries in relationships should put into perspective the importance of knowing where to draw the line when it comes to your relationship with any other person in your life.
1. Best Overstepping Boundaries Quotes
There are countless reasons you should never let people disrespect your boundaries, as these quotes about overstepping boundaries will prove.
1. Lack of boundaries invites lack of respect. Anonymous
2. Givers need to set limits because takers rarely do. Rachel Wolchin
3. I encourage people to remember that "No" is a complete sentence. Gavin de Becker
4. Divorce: a resumption of diplomatic relations and rectification of boundaries. Ambrose Bierce
5. Boundaries aren't all bad. That's why there are walls around mental institutions. Petty Noonan
6. Before I had my child, I thought I knew all the boundaries of myself, that I understood the limits of my heart. It's extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out, to realize your love is inexhaustible. Uma Thurman
7. A broken soul doesn't invest in boundaries because the world has crossed them, without mercy. Shannon L. Alder
8. Boundaries define us. They define what is me and what is not me. A boundary shows me where I end and someone else begins, leading me to a sense of ownership. Knowing what I am to own and take responsibility for gives me freedom. Henry Cloud
9. When we fail to set boundaries and hold people accountable, we feel used and mistreated. Brene Brown
10. People who violate your boundaries are thieves. They steal time that doesn't belong to them. Elizabeth Grace Saunders
11. It's great if the in-laws themselves put up boundaries. But if they won't, it's up to their grown kids to do it and enforce them. Phil McGraw
12. Setting boundaries is a way of caring for myself. It doesn't make me mean, selfish, or uncaring because I don't do things your way. I care about me too. Christine Morgan
2. Inspirational Quotes On Boundaries
Not sure if boundaries are what you need to get your relationships in order? Then these inspiring and thought-provoking quotes will help you understand why you absolutely need boundaries in your life.
1. Self-image sets the boundaries of individual accomplishment. Maxwell Maltz
2. You need boundaries… Even in our material creations, boundaries mark the most beautiful of places, between the ocean and the shore, between the mountains and the plains, where the canyon meets the river. Wm. Paul Young
3. Compassionate people ask for what they need. They say no when they need to, and when they say yes, they mean it. They're compassionate because their boundaries keep them out of resentment. Brene Brown
4. To me, there is no creativity without boundaries. If you're gonna write a sonnet, it's 14 lines, so it's solving the problem within the container. Lorne Michaels
5. Your personal boundaries protect the inner core of your identity and your right to choices. Gerard Manley Hopkins.
6. The boundary to what we can accept is the boundary to our freedom. Tara Brach
7. Boundary setting is a really huge part of time management. Jim Loehr
8. The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say "No" to almost everything. Warren Buffet
9. Anytime you get an idea, you need people to help you put it together. That is the beginning of an institution. When you create an institution, levels of authority and boundaries need to be established. If everybody owns it, nobody owns it. If everybody is responsible for It, nobody will be responsible. Robert H. Schuller
3. Quotes To Inspire Healthy Boundaries
All healthy relationships you see around depend on healthy boundaries. Not even love, family bonds, or money can keep a relationship alive if boundaries are overstepped with impunity.
1. Boundaries are to protect life, not to limit pleasures. Edwin Louis Cole
2. You best teach others about healthy boundaries by enforcing yours. Bryant McGill
3. Families living in dysfunction seldom have healthy boundaries. Dysfunctional families have trouble knowing where they stop and others begin. David W. Earle
4. Honoring your own boundaries is the clearest message to others to honor them. Gina Greenlee
This list covers everything from friendship boundaries quotes to quotes about setting boundaries with family. If you look closely, every great relationship you have exists because boundaries don't get overstepped, even if they might be pushed from time to time.
There is nothing like a relationship with no boundaries. So. Let these quotes about overstepping boundaries remind you of the supreme importance boundaries serve in any relationship.