Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Boy For Mass Shooting At Wisconsin Mall

police arrest 15-year-old boy for mass shooting at wisconsin mall

A 15-year-old Milwaukee boy has been taken into custody by the Wauwatosa Police Department after a shooting that took place at a Wisconsin mall.

However, the arrest was made public through a press conference after the boy was taken in.

The mass shooting happened at Mayfair Mall, and the arrest was revealed to the public by Barry Weber, the Wauwatosa Police Chief. During the shooting, 8 people were injured, including 1 teenager.

Fortunately, the injuries suffered by the victims of the shooting were non-life-threatening.

Police arrived 30 seconds after the shooting. The shooter was seen on surveillance video fleeing the scene of the crime on foot as other patrons were running out.

The Shooter Had A Head Start

The police, however, did not know the shooter had already left at the time they got there. That gave the boy a head start, which is why it took around 24 hours to finally arrest him.

But at the moment, many details about the incident are still unclear.

Fortunately, the police are now in possession of the weapon used to commit the mass shooting.

The police also know that two groups were arguing at the mall. However, it's not clear what the groups were arguing about or if they had any criminal affiliations.

We do know there was some sort of altercation, and that's when the bullets started flying.

This was according to Weber.

The police also know that half of those who got shot during the fight had no involvement with the altercation.

Dennis McBride, Wauwatosa Mayor, spoke about the horrifying incident:

We live in a society where there are a lot of guns and a lot of people who act impulsively or stupidly. It could have happened anywhere. It could have happened on the street. It could have happened at a church. It could have happened at a shopping mall. It happened to happen at a shopping mall. There's no reason whatsoever to be concerned at this point. Again, it was not a random act.

The mayor also assured residents that the mall was now safe, and that shoppers were free to pay it a visit. He explained that the shooting was a random act of violence that could have happened anywhere.

After the incident, the mall was reopened with beefed up security.

Fortunately, many of the victims of this attack have been released from the hospital.

It's The Second Time This Year For The Mall To Have A Shooting

However, this is not the first time the mall has been in the spotlight this year. Earlier, a police officer shot and killed a 17-year-old black teen, Alvin Cole, leading to the mall turning into a protest scene.

The police officer who shot the boy, Joseph Mensah, did not face any charges from the Milwaukee County district attorney. However, an arrangement was made for him to leave the police force in exchange for a payment of at least $130,000.

So far, the latest shooting does not seem to have any connection to the protests.

So, we'll have to wait a little longer before we can know for sure what caused the mass shooting at the mall.