McDonald's Employee's Post About Dirty Ice Machine Gets Him Fired


It might not come as a surprise to many that many nauseating things go on behind the scenes in McDonald's restaurants. The fact that an employee lost his job for exposing this fact is certainly interesting. And that is precisely what happened to a McDonald's employee from Laplace in Louisiana.

Nick, the fired employee, shared a tweet showing how dirty the ice cream machine was at the outlet he worked. The social media post quickly went viral. It showed sludge and black mold that the machine had.

The employee went on to explain that the machines are supposed to get regular cleanups from the managers. He never saw it happen, even once.


It was apparent that what the picture showed should have no connection to food. But his firing was meant to serve as a warning to employees who might feel the urge to expose the company similarly.

Other employees joined

In fact, other employees went on a frenzy and began taking pictures of ice cream machines at the locations they worked at. All across the board, the problem seemed commonplace.

However, McDonald's came ahead of the situation by clarifying that the part shown did not touch the ice cream in any way.


But Nick also explained that other health code violations went on at the restaurant. For instance, dropped food was often picked up and put back on the bun.

He did not stop there. He went on to share photos of food before it is cooked and served. One particular post explained that people were eating food "fresh out the freezer."

Another investigation proved that McDonald's was making major health code violations in many of its locations. In some cases, there was no trained and certified food handler to do the job.


Other fast-food chains and controversies

But McDonald's is hardly alone in perpetuating these violations. KFC and Burger King were found to be much worse when the BBC conducted a study and found out that ice at these fast-food restaurants was contaminated with bacteria.

While still on the issue of bacteria, another study showed that the touchscreens that customers use at several McDonald's locations had fecal bacteria all over them. This is a dangerous problem that could result in infections to those who come in contact with these microorganisms.

Several locations were tested, and many had kinds of bacteria capable of causing infections that would put people in hospitals.


The only ray of hope in this horrifying series of events is that fast food is not as popular as it once was. This is especially so for younger people who prefer healthier food.

In 2015, McDonald's had to shut down over 700 stores. It went on to experience a 28% drop in operating revenue.

The newest CEO of the company, Steve Easterbrook, vowed to make broad changes to the company to ensure that the establishment's reputation experienced an improvement.

According to Mr. Easterbrook, the company needs to focus on meeting the needs of its costumers.