To add booze to every dessert possible, here's my recipe for whiskey-infused chocolate cupcakes. Whiskey is added to the cake itself and the frosting, and it's the perfect amount. You get that hard liquor taste, but it doesn't take away from the delicious dark chocolate cake. They are amazing!
Time: 45 minutes Servings: 18 cupcakes
Ingredients For Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Directions For Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, stir the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, coffee, whiskey, buttermilk, and oil. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Spoon the mixture into prepared cupcake wrappers.
3. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Cool completely and then frost!
Ingredients For Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp heavy cream (or milk if that's what you have on hand)
1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
Directions For Frosting:
1. Cream butter in the bowl of a mixer for 2 minutes or until lighter in color.
2. Sift powdered sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Add vanilla, salt, cream, or milk and whiskey and whisk for 2 minutes. Add more whiskey a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired flavor.
4. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.