Indiana Pizza Delivery Driver Heroically Saves Five Children From Burning House

In 2022, a heroic pizza delivery driver in Indiana saved the lives of several youngsters who were trapped inside a burning home in Lafayette. Without hesitation, the driver rushed inside the inferno to rescue the children, putting his own life in danger to do so.

Nicholas Bostic, a 25-year-old pizza delivery man from Indiana, risked his life to save two children and three teenagers from a burning home in Lafayette.

Bostic happened to be passing by the home when he saw the fire and immediately rushed inside to pull the trapped individuals to safety. His selfless actions have earned him praise and recognition as a hero.

Without hesitation, Bostic braved the flames to rescue five children, including three siblings aged 18, 13, and 1, as well as a 6-year-old girl and her 13-year-old friend who were sleeping over at the house.

According to police reports, Bostic entered the burning house through the back door and rushed upstairs to find the kids. He managed to lead them to safety through the thick smoke, but was informed that one child was still trapped inside.

Without a moment's hesitation, he re-entered the burning house and located the 6-year-old girl. Despite the intense smoke, Bostic found her and broke through a window so they could both escape.

Bostic's courageous actions saved the lives of these young children and he has been hailed as a hero in his community.

According to Indiana police, Bostic was treated for a serious cut to his arm and severe smoke inhalation at a hospital but has since been discharged.

In an interview with ABC7 Chicago, Bostic shared his account of the incident and revealed that the father of the children had offered to buy him dinner as a gesture of gratitude.

Police officials have also released body-camera footage which shows Mr. Bostic emerging from the burning building with the last child.

"The dad said he'd love to take me out for dinner. They have wide-open arms welcoming me as a part of their family," Bostic shared.

"I'm glad I was there at the right time, the right place. If [the] opportunity came again and I had to do it, I would do it."

"I knew what I was risking. I knew the next second it could be my life. But every second counted."

According to Lafayette Police Lt. Randy Sherer, the fire broke out around 12:30 am on July 11, and he praised Bostic's actions as heroic. Sherer also confirmed that all of the children caught in the blaze are doing well.

In a statement released by Lafayette Police, they stated that Nicholas was driving by Union Street when he noticed the burning house.

"He immediately stopped in the roadway, threw his car into reverse, turned around, and pulled into the driveway."

"He knew he had to act. He ran around to the back of the home and was able to open the back door. He began yelling inside [but] didn't receive an answer."

"He walked through the house, calling out the danger, and eventually made his way up the stairs. He found four kids and helped them escape from the house."

In another incident, Isaac Marshall, an eight-year-old boy from Middlesbrough, was being hailed as a hero for saving his family from a fire that broke out in their home last year.

At around 5:45 am on a Sunday morning, Isaac woke up to find the hallway of their home on fire. He quickly opened a window and started screaming for help while his family was still asleep.

A friend who happened to be passing by heard the screams and joined the rescue efforts, while two paramedics returning from a shift rushed into the house to help save those inside. Isaac's quick thinking and bravery helped ensure that everyone made it out of the house safely.

According to police reports, a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of intentionally setting the fire to endanger lives. The suspect was later released on bail.

Isaac's mother, Charlie Loughran, expressed shock and disbelief upon learning about the fire, which was discovered by her 8-year-old son, Isaac, in the hallway of their Middlesbrough home around 5:45 am on a Sunday morning.

She and her partner, Lewis Bond, were asleep when the incident occurred and were unaware of the danger until they were rescued by neighbors and paramedics who happened to be passing by.

According to the mom, the trauma of the fire was so intense that she cannot bear the thought of returning to the property.

"I won't be able to go back and I couldn't put my son through it. It's badly affected him, he was saying, 'What if I hadn't woken up? It's really got to him, he can't get those pictures out of his head." she said.