If you're an entertainment enthusiast looking to expand your streaming options on the Nvidia Shield, installing Cinema HD can be a game-changer.
Cinema HD is an Android TV and Firestick application that offers free HD movies without registration. It offers all kinds of titles of movies, series, and shows.
However, it is a third-party Android application you can still sideload this application on gaming devices like a Nvidia Shield.
So, let's get into the detailed guide about how to install Cinema HD on your Nvidia Shield device from here.
What is Cinema HD?
Cinema HD is a trending streaming app under the "Free Movies & TV shows" category. It extracts the available links from the best providers as per the user search. So, it works as a video search engine for smart TVs as well as mobiles.
It was launched in 2015 as "Cinema APK" and later rebranded as Cinema HD V2 in 2019. YOKU Inc owns and operates Cinema HD, making it a free and trusted service for entertainment content.
The Cinema HD app is available on multiple platforms, including mobiles & tablets (Android), Smart TVs, streaming media players (Roku, Fire TV), and gaming consoles (Playstation, Xbox, Nvidia Shield).
Features of Cinema HD V2
Freemium Content: one of the primary features of Cinema HD is that it is totally free to watch. Anyone can access the world of movies, TV shows, and original series through it, without the need for a subscription.
Original Content: It is capable of pulling the originals of Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, Hotstar, Plex, etc.
Make them Offline: It has a downloads section where you can save all the downloaded content with no limitations.
Real Debrid: One click option to enable/disable RD premium provider. If you don't have RD/Premiumize/Debris, you can create one right from the app.
Playback options: Smooth and useful playback options are available.
Parental Controls: Cinema HD provides parental controls, allowing parents to set restrictions on content accessibility for kids.
VIP Membership: Ad free, 4K streams, faster downloads, no Real Debrid, and a few extra features are can accessible through its VIP app.
Responsive design: Its user interface is 100% responsive and fit to any device such as smartphones, tablets, computers, gaming consoles, and televisions.
Quick Instructions to Install Cinema HD on Nvidia Shield (Gaming device)
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
Before installing Cinema HD or any third-party app, you need to enable the "Unknown Sources" option on your Nvidia Shield. This will allow you to sideload or install third-party apps from other than Playstore.
- From the Nvidia Shield home screen, navigate to "Settings" (the gear icon) at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and select "Device Preferences."
- Under "Security & Restrictions" options, click to enable the "Install Apps from this source" or "Unknown Sources" option. Accept the warning that appears.
Step 2: Install a File Manager
You need a file manager app to download and manage the Cinema HD APK file. If you already have a file manager, skip this step.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Nvidia Shield.
- Search for "Downloader" or any other file manager app you prefer.
- Install and open the file manager.
Step 3: Download the Cinema APK
Next, you need to download the CinemaHD.APK file from a trusted source. I always recommend you use the official website or source.
Step 4: Install Cinema HD V2
Now that you have the Cinema HD APK file, it's time to install it on your Nvidia Shield.
- Open the file manager app you installed earlier (e.g., Downloader Explorer, default file manager).
- Navigate to the "Downloads" folder or the folder where you saved the Cinema app file.
- Tap on the Cinema HD app file to begin the installation process.
- Review the permissions required by the app and click "Install" to proceed.
- After installation, select "Open" to launch the Cinema HD application.
- Advertisements: As a free service, Cinema HD is ad-supported, and users will encounter periodic commercial interruptions during their viewing experience.
- No Official App: It has not been approved or installed through the official Play Store.
- You must have to install Cinema HD updates manually. No automatic or in-app updates aren't available.
Is it safe to Install Cinema HD on Nvidia Shield?
While Cinema HD itself doesn't contain any malicious software, it's important to download its apk file from the official or trusted stores. Please avoid downloading the MOD versions of Cinema HD.
Can I watch 4K content on Nvidia Shield using Cinema HD?
Yes, you can stream movie videos from 720p to 4K or UHD quality.
Will Cinema HD affect the performance of my Nvidia Shield?
Cinema HD is a lightweight application and should not significantly impact the performance of your Nvidia Shield. As it is a gaming device, it has a great configuration so there is no problem at all.
What are the Cinema HD alternatives for Nvidia Shield?
Let's try out Film Plus app, Plex, Hulu, Crackle, Peacock TV, and Moviebox Pro. I've provided free movie apps for Nvidia Shield as a Cinema HD alternatives here.
Streaming movies on Nvidia Shield is possible with basic resource usage and technical knowledge. Imagine watching videos on gaming PCs just like a Smart TV.
Cinema HD, Android OS, and Nvidia Shield greatly combine streaming films/shows on a gaming console.