Beauty

How To Have A Flat Stomach In A Short Time?

Who doesn't want a flat stomach? From supermodels to actresses, we've all grown up seeing these gorgeous people showing off their beautiful physiques, and naturally, we want the same!

But many workout programs often take weeks or months before you can actually see satisfactory results.

To lose fat in your stomach, you need to understand the science behind it- about 90% of the fat is subcutaneous fat sitting just underneath your skin. And the remaining 10% is what belly fat is, located deep in the abdominal cavity.

So how do you get a slimmer waist and stomach in a shorter time? Well, here are some science-backed ways!

1. Make Water Your Best Friend

Honestly, this might sound useless, but the key to achieving a flatter stomach lies in this secret mantra! The more water you drink, the more fluid balance you have in your body.

This leads to lesser water retention, the major cause of bloated stomachs. And what's more, if you drink the optimum amount of water each day, you'll feel fuller, so you won't eat too much.

If you're not a big fan of drinking plain old water, add a dash of lemon juice, cucumber, or mint. Drinking a warm glass of water infused with lemon and honey can work wonders!

2. Consume More Fiber

This tip will be any vegetable lover's favorite!

But if you're someone who hates vegetables or grains, this might be bad news for you. Nevertheless, eating more fiber can flatten your stomach quickly.

Soluble fibers, especially, have the incredible power to absorb large amounts of water and make food pass slower through your digestive tract.

This again delays the rapid emptying of your stomach, which could have caused you to eat more. Good sources of soluble fiber include vegetables like broccoli and carrots, barley, legumes, fruits, and oats.

3. Work Out Every Day

No, if you have planned to work out to reduce your bloated belly, you need to make some effort to accomplish it. Hitting the gym once a month won't do you any good. Instead, buy a compact treadmill or a yoga mat and work out at home.

Even crunches can be useful here- do three sets of 10-15 crunches daily. After that, try planking by holding your body up in a push-up position by providing support on your elbows for about a minute.

If you're not an exercise enthusiast, start with something small, like stretching, and then progress.

4. Stay Away From Addictives

Did you know that alcohol can make your stomach bloat? So, one of the easiest ways to ditch belly fat is to stop drinking.

No, this doesn't mean you have to stop drinking forever. Just maintain a limit every week. If you're someone who is prone to drinking alcohol, replace all these bottles with healthy juices or tea.

For example, don't pop open that bottle of whiskey on your shelf after coming home from work. Instead, make a fruit smoothie or a cup of green tea. Not only will they feel refreshing, but your stomach will thank you too!

5. Try To Reduce Stress

Stress and anxiety can often be causes of belly fat. If you want to lose that fat quickly, it's time to wave bye-bye to any sources of stress in your life.

This is because when you feel anxious or nervous, your body releases a hormone called cortisol that can increase your belly fat. While it might not be easy to eliminate all forms of stress, especially work-related or personal ones, you can try taking small steps. At work, for example, don't take on any additional projects given to you. Similarly, devote a bit of time to your hobby or watch some TV at home.

Over To You…

These are the five basic ways to reduce your belly fat and get a slim, toned stomach in just a few days or weeks!

However, it's important to never overdo anything- most people, especially women, often indulge in the bad habit of exercising excessively or dieting to the point where they suffer from health issues.

Take steps to tone your stomach but never harm your body. Other than that, eat a balanced meal, rest properly, exercise, and love your body!