Lice one of the many nightmares a parent faces once their children start to socialize.
It can be a long slow process to get rid of them and can infest the whole family.
Most children hate having their hair brushed, especially with the lice comb with its narrow teeth that pull at the hair.
Lice aren’t fatal, but they are down right annoying, and cause discomfort.
They multiply at a fast pace and the itching drives those who are infested crazy.
The chemically made shampoos that are on the market are not always successful in eliminating the lice.
On top of using the shampoo you have to spend hours removing the eggs, again not always successful, the missed eggs hatch and you have to start all over again.
For a family of four you will need at least 4 bottles of shampoo which is very costly.
Give this chemical free method a go, it has been proved to work on most infestations.
All you need are the following:
A lice comb Mouthwash White wine vinegar A plastic bag or shower cap Towel
The next step:
1. Wet the hair to almost soaking with mouthwash, then cover the hair with the shower cap and allow to sit for an hour. Yes, that’s right mouthwash. The lice really hate mouthwash.
2. Rinse your hair using water only, removing the mouthwash, towel dry then soak the hair this time with the white wine vinegar. The vinegar helps getting rid of the eggs. Cover again with shower cap and sit for an hour.
3. Wash hair with normal shampoo, apply hair conditioner, do not rise off conditioner. Then comb with the lice comb, the conditioner helps with the removal of the lice and eggs and reduces the pulling of the hair when using the fine-toothed comb.
4. Once complete, wash and condition your child’s hair again, towel dry with a fresh towel and leave hair to dry naturally.
5. Once clear of the infestation, you will then have the problem of them being in contact with someone who has lice again once they return to school. Spray your children’s hair before school each day with a little mouthwash, this should help keep the lice at bay.
Good luck and lets us know how it works for you and your family.