If you are using cryptocurrencies and you want to delete your KuCoin account, you might find information that shows it's not possible. However, that is not the case, and you can safely freeze or delete your KuCoin account in several simple steps.
What Is KuCoin?
KuCoin is a digital currency exchanging stage that allows you to trade computerized cash. It is a popular cryptocurrency exchange, so much so that 1 in 4 crypto holders has a KuCoin account.
This Chinese exchange stands out by sharing 90 percent of revenue with token holders. Revenues are paid daily.
The fifth-largest crypto exchange by volume offers some of the lowest fees in the crypto world, and it includes staking and margin, futures, and P2P trading. The fees are between 0.0125% and 0.10% per trade.
KuCoin appears beginner-friendly, but it is a better option for experienced traders due to the hundreds of altcoins and features you cannot get on other exchanges.
For many in the USA, KuCoin is unstable since the government is tracking unlicensed, unregulated cryptocurrencies to control tax invasion and/or money laundering.
There is a lot of discussion regarding Coinbase vs. KuCoin. Coinbase has higher trading fees, but for US-based traders, this is a better option since it is licensed, unlike KuCoin. Additionally, KuCoin does not have phone support, which might be significant for crypto beginners.
Despite not being licensed in the US, KuCoin operates in over 200 countries worldwide and is generally considered safe and reliable. Most commonly, users are the least satisfied with customer support.
KuCoin's popularity grew based on reasonable security measures and a beginner-friendly approach.
Fees are also user-friendly, and the selection of altcoins is impressive.
In 2018, the company implemented Know Your Customer verification.
KuCoin offers three various approaches to your account, though it is always recommended to rely on complete verification:
1. An unverified account via email verification allows you to withdraw up to 2 BTC per 24 hours.
2. A verified Individual account requires you to submit your identity details, such as ID or passport and country of residence, and you can withdraw 100 BTC per 24 hours.
3. A verified institutional account increases your withdrawal limit to 500 BTC per 24 hours.
KuCoin is a secure and legit crypto exchange providing bank-level security to ensure the safest environment for all parties involved. That said, there are valid reasons you might want to delete your KuCoin account for good.
How To Delete Your KuCoin Account
Deleting the account is as simple as deleting your Instagram. You only have to follow a set of steps.
1. Once you log into your account, click on your profile. You have several options, and since our goal is deleting the KuCoin account, go to Account Security.
2. You will open a set of security options, from changing your Login Password to Withdrawal Safety Phrase. At the bottom, you'll find the Delete Account option. Make sure to withdraw all assets before you proceed with this option.
3. Once you open this page, you will be notified about all the consequences if you decide to continue with this action. It should be noted that once deleted account cannot be recovered.
4. Finally, you have a common question that allows you to choose why you are deleting your KuCoin account. Of course, you can select "Other reasons" or continue to security confirmation.
Once you are done, all your trading records will be deleted as well.