Are you feeling a little lost right now? You are not the first, and you most certainly won't be the last, which is why we have some great quotes about feeling lost in store for you.
Many people throughout history have felt lost at some point or another. Surprisingly, this common human experience has rewarded us with some gems of wisdom on how to deal with this depressing sentiment.
So, if you are feeling a little lost, these quotes about feeling lost might lift up your spirits and help you find a greater life purpose.
As T.S. Elliot said, you can only find how far you can go by taking the risk of going too far.
You have to understand that feeling lost is not an indication you have no idea where you are headed in life. Remember that the more desperately you want to stay in control, the narrower your options in life will be, and the more likely you are to get lost.
So, be ready to feel sometimes lost because finding the way to your biggest dreams sometimes involves going outside your comfort zones, where you will often feel lost and anxious.
Otherwise, if you are feeling lost and are worried about it, here are some quotes to help you feel better about your situation.
The purpose of these quotes is to help you have a fresh perspective on things and have a better appreciation for where you have come from, where you are, and the future you are heading into. A new perspective is the best thing you can have when you are feeling lost and confused.
Inspirational Quotes About Feeling Lost
Here are some truly inspirational quotes about feeling lost that might encourage you to make the best of the seemingly unfortunate situation.
1. Feeling lost should not be a reason to feel bad about yourself, but an opportunity to find the inspiration you need to take the next bold stop.
2. When you're feeling lost, take heart. It's just your brain gathering the information it needs to make good decisions.
3. Feeling lost? Take a dream and convert it into small goals, then start taking the steps to hit those goals.
4. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
5. I do not know if there is a more dreadful word in the English language than that word "lost."
6. It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
7. I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.
8. Stop acting small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
9. The fears we don't face become our limits.
10. Feeling unsure and lost is part of your path. Don't avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use them.
11. One of the truest tests of integrity is a blunt refusal to be compromised.
12. Feeling lost? Good! Now you get to walk new paths that lead to much better places.
13. If you've lost focus, just sit down and be still. Take the idea and rock it to and fro. Keep some of it and throw some away, and it will renew itself. You need do no more.
14. The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere is to be nowhere.
15. Man's true nature being lost, everything becomes his nature; as his true good being lost, everything becomes his good.
16. Storms make trees take deeper roots.
17. A young man is so strong, so mad, so certain, and so lost. He has everything, and he is able to use nothing.
Powerful Quotes About Feeling Lost
Feeling lost means something, and that deep meaning might be lost on you. However, these powerful quotes about feeling lost might give you the proper perspective about this.
18. If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means, paint, and that voice will be silenced.
19. We generate fears when we sit. We overcome them by action.
20. Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty, and reason.
21. A tree that is unbending is usually broken.
22. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
23. Your teacher can open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
24. To get lost is to learn the way.
25. Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.
26. Give thanks for what you are today and go on fighting for what part of you will be gone tomorrow.
27. Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.
28. What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.
29. You were born to be real, not to be perfect.
30. To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.
31. We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.
32. Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
33. Intense feeling too often obscures the truth.
34. Feeling unsure and lost is part of your path. Don't avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use them.
35. No matter how much light I carry within me, there will always be times of feeling lost, being confused, seeking direction. It is the way of the human heart.
36. All of our reasoning ends in surrender to feeling.
Memorable Quotes About Feeling Lost
Some quotes about feeling lost are truly worth remembering, such as these unforgettable quotes about feeling lost. So, if you need something to get you going the next time you feel lost, these are the quotes for you.
37. Remember: the time you feel lonely is when you most need to be by yourself—life's cruelest irony.
38. You are never too lost that God cannot reach you.
39. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.
40. If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now, and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.
41. If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.
42. With God, nothing is lost; but without him, everything is lost.
43. Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty, and reason.
44. There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it.
Reassuring Quotes About Feeling Lost
If feeling lost weighs too heavily on you, these reassuring quotes about feeling lost are precisely what you need to change your attitude.
45. true life takes place when we're alone, thinking, feeling, lost in memory, dreamily self-aware, the submicroscopic moments.
46. No matter how much light I carry within me, there will always be times of feeling lost, being confused, seeking direction. It is the way of the human heart.
47. Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
48. Lack of self-worth is the fundamental source of all emotional pain. A feeling of insecurity, unworthiness, and lack of values is the core experience of powerlessness.
49. It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered - so many locks, not enough keys.
50. Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
51. In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost.
52. What leads us astray is confusing more choices with more control.
53. I am suffocated and lost when I do not have the bright feeling of progression.
54. Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty, and reason.
55. The best thing we can do is to make wherever we're lost in look as much like home as we can.
56. It felt as if things were literally slipping through my fingers. Things were just streaming away from me. I lost my sense of humor. I'm still looking for that.
57. It's easy to be led astray when you're so broken. People take advantage of you.
Amazing Quotes About Feeling Lost
You will possibly think differently about feeling lost once you have the proper perspective. These great quotes about feeling lost will help you see a fantastic side to this feeling.
58. Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world and lost your soul. Was it worth it?
59. When all else is lost, the future still remains.
60. You got to go down a lot of wrong roads to find the right one.
61. We are commanded to seek out those who are lost. We are to be our brother's keeper.
62. When I feel lost and can't make a decision, I just stop and get quiet. I take a time-out.
63. The art of being bored is lost.
64. I'm gutted and feeling a bit lost, but I'm determined to get through it.
65. When you are feeling lost or confused...just remember you are a cross-section of four-space.
66. Feeling lost? Good! Now you get to walk new paths that lead to much better places.
67. There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. Every single circumstance of your life can change.
68. Too many people get lost in the game of having a good time and being naive about things.
69. I need to have a reason why I'm doing something. Otherwise, I'm lost.
70. I lost my head for a little while.
71. I got lost but look what I found.
72. We have lost contact with reality, the simplicity of life.
73. We are at the edge of an abyss, and we're close to being irrevocably lost.
74. If he was lost for a moment, he would dive straight back into its honey.
75. Be thankful for all things in life. Even for the bad things. SOMETIMES the worst situations in life turn out to be the best things that ever happened to us.
76. When I feel confused or depressed, I remember back to junior high, and I silently repeat, 'This, too, shall pass.'
Top Quotes About Feeling Lost
Of all the quotes in existence about feeling lost, some indeed describe this situation better than most. These quotes about feeling lost are among the best you will ever see.
77. In life, no matter what you are going through, have faith, and believe your sorrows won't last forever because what time does not heal, God will.
78. After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
79. Feeling sorry for yourself and your present condition is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.
80. Go somewhere you know nothing about and see what happens.
81. However confused the scene of our life appears, however, torn we may be who now do face that scene, it can be faced, and we can go on to be whole.
82. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
83. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
84. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
85. If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now, and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.
86. Just because someone stumbles and loses their path doesn't mean they're lost forever.
Strange Quotes About Feeling Lost
Feeling lost is a truly unique thing, and these quotes about feeling lost demonstrate just how strange and unusual this emotion can be.
87. Man is almost mad—mad because he is seeking something which he has already got; mad because he's not aware of who he is; mad because he hopes, desires, and then ultimately, feels frustrated. Frustration is bound to be there because you cannot find yourself by seeking; you are already there. The seeking has to stop. The search has to drop: that is the greatest problem to be faced, encountered.
88. Not all those who wander are lost.
89. Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through the tears.
90. Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.
91. Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost.
92. Sometimes, when you lose your way, you find YOURSELF.
93. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, but they make the most of everything.
94. The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.
95. The quiet sense of something lost.
96. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.
97. There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.
98. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
99. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in the sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
100. We are forlorn like children and experienced like old men. We are crude and sorrowful and superficial—I believe we are lost.
Philosophical Quotes About Feeling Lost
Does feeling lost make you question a lot of things about life? You are not alone.
Many people have had the same feeling, and some of them shared some incredible insights through these great quotes about feeling lost.
101. We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.
102. You can't start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one.
103. To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.
104. The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.
105. You got to go down a lot of wrong roads to find the right one.
106. Embrace the glorious mess that you are.
107. Be patient with all that is unresolved within your heart, and try to love the questions.
108. Never regret anything you have done with sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.
109. When you finally accept that it's OK not to have answers and it's OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.
110. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
111. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
112. If you don't like the road you're walking, pave another one.
113. Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
114. Sometimes, you have to stop thinking so much and just go where your heart takes you.
115. There are two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is a miracle.
116. Self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
Incredible Quotes About Feeling Lost
Feeling lost is not as bad as people like to think. In fact, it is by getting lost that you might find your right path.
So, don't be too afraid of feeling lost. It could be exactly what you need to make it to the next stage of your life.
117. To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.
118. Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.
119. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.
120. If it comes, let it. If it goes, let it.
121. Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.
122. You learn more from failure than from success.
123. Life is 10% what you experience and 90% how you respond to it.
124. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
125. You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength and say: I'm proud of what I am and who I am.
126. If you don't like where you are now, move. You are not a tree.
127. You only lose what you cling to.
128. Life is way too short to spend another day at war with yourself.
129. Failure builds character.
130. You must do the things you think you cannot do.
131. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
132. It will never be perfect. Make it work.
133. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
134. Before Alice got to Wonderland, she had to fall.
135. Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.
136. Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.
137. You don't have to have everything figured out right now. Simply breathe, enjoy the journey, and don't take life so seriously. As long as you put in the effort and believe in yourself, you'll get where you want to be.
138. If it doesn't open, it's not your door.
139. Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and where you want to be.
140. Sometimes you need to talk to a three-year-old just so you can understand life again.
141. You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward.
Final Thoughts On Feeling Lost
As these quotes indicate, anyone can feel lost. More importantly, you should not see this feeling as an entirely bad thing.
Sometimes you find your way because you allow yourself to step out of your comfort zone and get lost. Sometimes you figure out who you are when you are lost.