Dumbarton Father, 41, Ran Over Two Teenage Boys Who "Bullied His Son"

The man who hit two teenage boys asserts that he did it in response to their mistreatment of his son.

Kevin Connolly, a 41-year-old electrician, drove his Ford Mondeo into two 15-year-olds who were entering a park in Dumbarton, Scotland, causing him to run over one of the boy's legs.

After one of the members of a group shattered his porch window and fled, the furious father-of-three pursued and tracked down the duo.

According to Connolly's attorney, at the High Court in Glasgow, young individuals had previously subjected his son to bullying.

On the evening of the group's act of vandalism at the family's residence, Connolly's son pursued them, and Connolly himself got into his car to search for his son.

The boys' first-time offender, Connolly, was initially accused of double attempted murder.

Nonetheless, the Crown acknowledged guilty pleas today for endangering the lives of the boys as a result of the altercation that occurred on September 12, 2021.

At roughly 8:30 pm, the boys were accompanied by others in the Brucehill district near Connolly's house in Dumbarton, as reported in court.

According to prosecutor Leanne McQuillan, a member of the group, who was not one of the victims, hurled a sizable stone at Connolly's front door, resulting in the adjacent porch window breaking.

As the young individuals fled the area, Connolly took control of his car. One of the boys got into a car parked nearby and was pursued by Connolly.

As the car drew near to a park, the boy exited it.

Miss McQuillan said: "As he made his way to the entrance [of the park], Connolly's vehicle mounted the pavement and struck the boy from behind causing him to fall to the ground."

Subsequently, the other boy aided the injured victim in standing up and transported him to the park.

The prosecutor added: "Connolly drove his vehicle on to the footpath in the park and then on to the grass where the boys were."

"He drove at speed towards the other boy and struck him to the right leg causing him to fall to the ground. He then drove over both of the other boy's legs."

Following the incident, both boys were taken to the hospital, while Connolly, feeling 'terrified,' fled to his sister's residence.

Police observed that Connolly's car had indications of damage on it. Connolly informed the authorities of his location and reported damages to his automobile and property. He was apprehended two days after the occurrence.

One of the boys underwent treatment for fractures in his foot, which necessitated the insertion of metal plates and the use of skin from his thigh.

Miss McQuillan added: "There will be permanent scarring to the foot and the thigh as a result of the surgical procedure."

"He was not able to bear weight on his foot for six weeks and will have permanently reduced mobility."

The other boy was able to leave the hospital after being examined and treated for minor injuries.

In court, Sean Templeton, who was representing the accused, stated: "The middle son was subject to a campaign by youths who took to bullying and intimidating him."

"This escalated where the intimidation moved from himself to his home. The child ran out the house and pursued the youths."

Mr. Templeton added that initially, Connolly went to search for his son, believing that the young individuals would seriously harm him.

He added: "He did not see his son and came across the boys - he was in a panic as he thought his son was going to be set about and that's the reason the actions were inflicted the way did."

The pronouncement of the sentence has been postponed until next month at the High Court in Edinburgh, pending the submission of background reports.