The fact that Zara is selling "Dude With Sign" shirts as part of their summer collection is a clear indication that this guy has truly gone viral. The "Dude," Seth Phillips, has genuinely earned all the attention the world is giving him.
Today, he has a cult following of well over 7 million followers. The New York native has been posting a series of truth bombs protesting annoying everyday things such as fragile phones and blaring engines.
He never seems to run out of things to protest about, such as the annoying requirement of having to prove you are not a robot or getting hot coffee during summer.
Here are some of his signs that will ring true with most people who have been frustrated at one time or another by regular things we are supposed to put up with. Dude With Sign has a great sense of humor as well.
Here we go:
1. Yes, Something A Little Less Destructive Will Work Just Fine
2. We Shouldn't Have To Prove We're Humans All The Time
3. It Was Entirely Your Decision, Not Your Dog's Wish
Seth turned into a star a couple of years back in 2019. At the time, Seth and Elliot Tabele held cardboard signs that claimed, "Stop replying-all to company-wide emails." They did this in the Soho neighborhood in New York City.
They intended to share this on Tabele's Instagram. Soon, he had a huge influx of followers, and the two realized that the internet was hungry for these kinds of low-key protests.
During an interview, Seth explained that his inspiration was a long and ever-growing list of things that millennials can't stand anymore. Of course, his greatest selling point is that the things he protests about are incredibly relatable.
That is why he enjoys millions of followers today.
4. Totally Understandable
5. She Has Been Through Enough, She Deserves Her Freedom
6. It's Not A Request To Keep Telling Your Story
As we speak, Dude With Sign has had a huge impact on society. That is why his shirts have gone on sale at Zara.
For such a large fashion house to take this guy seriously and sell merchandise that features his creativity, he must be quite big. The shirts Zara is selling feature his most popular pics of him holding a hilarious and relatable sign.
However, Seth is not ignorant that the world is currently reeling from a huge epidemic. In recognition of this fact, he has got into a partnership with the World Health Organization to create many memes that share accurate information on how people can curb the spread of COVID-19.
The target audience for these memes are people who use Instagram as their main source of news. The messages include tips like "Elbow bumps are the new handshakes."
Other sobering messages include "Just chill. Your friends aren't doing anything, anyway."
In general, the messages are supposed to be informative, fun, and lighthearted. Through this partnership, the Dude has managed to spread lots of information about dealing with the ongoing global pandemic.
7. One Day A Year Is Not Enough
8. He's Got A Point
9. After All, Most People Support It
10. That's Right Folks, We're In The Middle Of A Pandemic
11. Don't Overcomplicate Things
12. Adults Love Reading Too
13. It Works Even If You Don't Tell The Whole World About It
14. An Important Cooking Tip
15. Shameful Truth
16. In Case You Still Haven't Figured It Out
17. Learn To Live Within Your Means
18. Get It Right Once And For All
19. Very True, What Happened To Using Words?
20. It'll Just Take Up Your Precious Time
21. And Cats Too. It's The One Thing Zoom Is Really Great For
22. It's Gross, Off-Putting And Plain Rude
23. You Can Say That Again Brother
25. Here's Proof That The World Is Full Of Psychos
26. Yes, We Are Already Love Working From Home
27. The Environment Would Fair A Lot Better If We All Did This
28. Yes, Grunting Is Not As Endearing As You Think
29. Enjoy A Great Summer Everyone
30. Yeah, Someone Should Explain This
31. You Are The One Who's Coming, If You Honor The Invite
32. It's Just Common Sense
33. What Matters Is That You Got The Vaccine
34. What's The Deal With Flight Restrictions About Toothpaste?
35. The Office Belongs On Netflix
Admit it. You can relate to many of these signs from Seth. No wonder he has grown so popular as the Dude With Sign.
I can't wait to see what he comes up with next. What are your thoughts on these signs?