Jello shots always make for a fun time. Most people associate jello shots with the summer so here is a fantastic way to make them festive for the holidays.
0 HOURS 10 MINS
4 HOURS 0 MINS
1 1/2 sugar, divided
1 c. fresh cranberries
2 (3.4-oz.) packets cranberry flavored Jell-O
1 c. vodka
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine a cup of sugar and cup water and stir until sugar dissolves completely. Let cool 20 minutes, then mix in cranberries until coated.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cranberries, tapping away any excess syrup, into a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining 1 cup sugar, seal, and shake until cranberries are completely coated.
3. Spread out cranberries on a baking sheet and refrigerate until cranberries are completely cool and sugar hardens 25 minutes.
4. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add Jell-O mix and whisk until completely dissolved, then remove from heat and stir in vodka and 1 cup cold water.
5. Let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Place 18 plastic shot glasses on a baking sheet and pour in the Jell-O mixture until each is full.
Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
7. Top each shot with 1 or 2 sugared cranberries.
If you would like to garnish, you can cut a little piece of rosemary and add a couple of cranberries rolled in honey then dip in sugar. Then place them on top of the jello shots.
Notes: To make "virgin" jello shots, pour some of the jello into cups before adding the vodka.