Today, we will talk about conversation starters for couples, and for one important reason: after too much time together, many couples take each other for granted, and fun and exciting conversations no longer happen.
Smartphone apps have made it easier for couples to overlook the importance of having conversations. What's worse is that some people prefer spending time on their phones to interacting with their partners.
That is why learning a few conversation starters is so important for couples that want to keep their relationships alive and healthy.
With the right conversations, a relationship can thrive and grow stronger by the day. In fact, you might find that the need to keep texting and chatting with other people on the phone will be a lot less when you learn to have good conversations with your partner.
Why Do Couples Have Problems Finding Exciting Things To Talk About?
The good news is that it does not take much effort to have a good conversation with someone.
You can easily reignite the spark you shared the first time you talked in a few simple ways we'll look into today. With some of these conversation starters for couples, you will have plenty of amazing things to talk about with your lover.
It goes without saying that what follows will be happier times together as your bond will keep growing.
As you will find out, some conversation starters help you talk about serious stuff, while others are supposed to encourage you to speak about lighter topics.
It's up to you what kind of conversation starter to use based on the goals you have in mind.
Romantic Conversation Starters For Couples
These conversation starters will help you out as you try to take your relationship to the next level. Maybe you have been together on a couple of dates and are wondering what's next for your relationship.
With these conversation starters, you might find it easier to broach this delicate subject so that your romance can be based on the right foundation.
1. What do you consider the most attractive thing about me?
2. Do you believe in unconditional love?
3. Do you believe in love at first sight?
4. What is your greatest romantic fantasy?
5. What do you consider a perfect first date?
6. What is your favorite song?
7. What would you prefer between an evening by a campfire and a dinner at a first class hotel?
8. What makes you feel I love you?
9. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you?
10. What do you miss the most about me when we are apart?
11. Do you think our emotional connection is getting stronger over time?
12. What do you treasure the most about our relationship?
13. Do you think we would make good parents?
14. What do you think makes you a good partner?
15. Are there moments you felt you hated me?
16. What do you think I could be to be more romantic?
17. What do you think we can do to bring the spark back into our relationship?
18. Have you ever considered leaving me?
19. How attractive do you think I am on a scale of 1 to 10?
20. What is the most romantic thing we have ever done together according to you?
Fun Conversation Starters For Couples
1. Do you find yourself attractive?
2. Is there a time you were afraid you would die?
3. If you had a million dollars to give to a charity, what kind of charity would you give the money to?
4. If you could hit the reset button, what things would you change about your life?
5. Would you cheat on your spouse if you knew there was no chance of you getting caught?
6. What do you consider your biggest weakness and what are you doing to overcome it?
7. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
8. If you could open a business, what kind of business would you start?
9. Would you accept 1 million dollars if it meant the person you hate the most in life would get 2 million?
10. What is the best compliment I have ever given you?
11. What changed about you after you got into a relationship with me?
12. What things about you would you like your children to inherit?
13. Do you think there's something you can achieve and be happy for the rest of your life?
14. Given a chance to be raised by your parents and to get adopted by a billionaire, what would you choose?
15. What do you think is the most important bond we share?
16. How do you feel we are different from each other?
17. Would you share your email passwords with me?
18. When do you remember laughing with me the most?
19. What is your favorite movie? Why?
20. When did you first get the feeling that God is real?
Conversation Starters For Couples To Know Your Partner More Deeply
1. What did you see yourself becoming when you were a child?
2. Which is your biggest regret in life?
3. How forgiving are you?
4. What is the greatest financial mistake you have ever made?
5. What aren't you afraid of even though everyone seems scared of it?
6. What is the worst betrayal you have ever experienced?
7. What things make you like/dislike a person?
8. What are your favorite hobbies and why did you pick them?
9. What kind of things define you at the moment?
10. Do you believe you are good or bad with money?
11. What do you consider the most recurring theme in your life?
12. Do you feel like we spend too much or too little time together?
13. Which is the one place in this world you consider your sanctuary?
14. Do you wish you were raised differently?
15. What is your ideal vacation?
16. What music instrument do you wish you could play?
17. What single event changed your whole life?
18. What do you consider a deal breaker in a relationship?
19. What inspires you to keep going on every day?
20. What gives your life meaning?
21. What is the scariest thing you have ever experienced?
22. What three people do you value the most in your life?
23. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life?
24. What kind of life appeals the most to you? In the city, in the country, or in a town?
25. What is the worst kind of mental anguish you have ever been through?
26. Do you think partners should be equal in a relationship?
27. What was your favorite subject in school?
Conversation Starters For Couples To Show You Care
1. What makes you feel appreciated in our relationship?
2. How was your day, honey?
3. What calms you down the most?
4. What would you consider a perfect life?
5. What do you want out of life?
6. Are you happy with your career?
7. Did you have any new year's resolution? How is that going?
8. Are you happy and content with your life?
9. What prayer have you made for years that has finally been answered?
Conversation Starters For Couples To Help Discuss The Future
People get into committed relationships because they think they should stick it out into the future. With these conversation starters for couples, you will know what the future might hold for you and your partner.
1. What do you think is the best life to have after retirement?
2. What do you expect from me as your partner?
3. Are you hopeful about the future?
4. In the future, what kind of life do you see us having?
5. How do you plan to ensure there's balance between work and relationship when we start our family?
6. After we have kids, will you support my career?
7. What is the biggest change you would like to make in your life?
8. How do you define the word success?
Outrageous Conversation Starters
1. Assuming you were to live alone for 10 years and you were to own a single book, movie, and food type. What choices would you make?
2. If you were to turn into an animal, what kind of animal would you become?
3. Which historical figure would you become, given a chance?
4. What song would you sing from beginning to the end?
5. If you were given a chance, what country in the world would you like to be born in?
6. What is your favorite word? Your worst?
7. If you were made the president for a week, what would you spend your time doing?
8. If you were asked to play part in a movie you could make, what kind of character would you become?
9. What scandal that happened in your neighbourhood do you find most hilarious?
10. When alone, do you speak to yourself?
11. Would you rather have 1 million right now or go back in time with the knowledge you have about life right now?
12. What do you consider the greatest luxury in life?
13. Do you think you had a normal childhood?
14. Based on your life, do you think kids take after their parents?
15. What is the best relationship advice you would give someone?
16. What do you consider to be your worst personality trait?
17. What is your earliest memory?
18. What's the worst nightmare you have ever had?
Conversation Keeps The Relationship Going
The importance of a good conversation should never be underestimated. In any relationship, people evolve and grow over time, and it's only through proper communication that you can keep up with everything that's going on in your partner's life.
Hopefully, with these conversation starters for couples, the staleness that often makes a relationship less exciting will be a thing of the past for you and your partner.