Published in May 2020 / Updated in Nov 2020
Brene Brown Quotes speaks to a lot of women in today’s society. We as women set a ridiculous standard for ourselves. We would like to be the perfect mom, build a successful career, be super thin while having enough time for friends, and a healthy relationship.
After researching some of Brene’s quotes it became apparent that we do not need to be perfect. We can break away from this idea of perfection and focus on being ourselves.
Who Is Brene Brown?
Brene Brown is a professor, a storyteller, a researcher, and an author. Definitely a mouth full, she spent the past 20 years studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy. With a bestselling book and over 40 million views on TED Talks, it is worth it to learn from the Brene Brown quotes.
Brene Brown Quotes
Change and vulnerability are two of the things that I personally struggle with. I don’t like change, and I really don’t want to be vulnerable. I am definitely not the perfect woman, but I do strive to be, and when I fail to reach this ideal image, I feel weak.
The below ten quotes help me to embrace change and vulnerability. It also empowers me to succeed and be happy
Brene Brown Quotes On Embracing Change And Vulnerability
Change is daunting and embracing change is even more so. It takes a lot of courage and will power to step out of your comfort zone. The following Brene Brown quotes can help you with that.
1. “You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.”
You can choose if you are going to spectate or are you going to live your life. Are you going to be the outsider looking into your life, or are you going to grab your life and live it? What is the risk?
2. “What’s the greater risk? Letting go of what people think – or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?”
What do you fear the most? The fact that you can lose who you really are or who people think you are?
In my opinion, it doesn’t matter what people think of you, you have to live your life. You have to decide who you want to be and strive every day to become that person. This is not an easy thing to achieve.
3. “When I see people stand fully in their truth, or when I see someone fall down, get back up, and say, ‘Damn. That really hurt, but this is important to me and I’m going in again’—my gut reaction is, ‘What a badass.“
Like Brene say’s in her quote, it is “badass” to see someone that struggles to get back up and try again. It is not easy to be the person that you want to be, but you can keep trying, keep getting up, and going on. It is unlikely to achieve success on the first try.
The image of today’s women is not one of vulnerability. It is an image of a powerful woman, a perfect woman. That can do everything in her stride. Yes, we are powerful but there are definitely still times when you are allowed to be vulnerable.
4. “Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together.”
You are imperfect but that is not an inadequacy. You don’t have to be perfect to be the best version of yourself. This should be a daily reminder in whatever you are trying to accomplish.
5. “I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time.”
A great thing that Brene mentions is that you can not have comfort and courage at the same time. You have to choose your path. If you choose courage and decide to be the woman that you want to be, you will have to be brave to face the challenges to come.
6. “Vulnerability is not winning or losing; it’s having the courage to show up and be seen when we have no control over the outcome.”
There is no shame in being vulnerable. You don’t have to be in control of every situation. Look to your support network for assistance when you feel that you can not cope.
Brene Brown Quotes On Success And Happiness
Your success and happiness depend on yourself, you have the ability to choose if you are going to be happy or not. The below Brene quotes can help you focus on your success and happiness.
7. “If you’re not in the arena also getting your ass kicked, I’m not interested in your feedback”
Don’t take advice or criticism from just anyone. People don’t know what you are facing and what you are dealing with. I am not saying don’t take advice, only decide who’s advice matters.
8. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”
Find happiness in the small things that you do, find happiness in your daily life. You don’t have to wait for a social media perfect photo to have a great experience.
9. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”
Why do we treat the people that we love differently from what we treat ourselves? You seem to have more patience and understanding for people that you love but not for yourself.
Start to being kind to yourself, start to forgive yourself. Most importantly start loving yourself today!
10. “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.”
To be successful and happy, you will have to embrace yourself. You will have to stop striving towards what society wants and start focusing on yourself. Be satisfied with the person that you are. Know that you are giving your best every day.