Le's see where it all began.
Disney has brought a lot of joy into our lives, from as early as October 16, 1923. The company started in a small office in the rear of a building occupied by Holly-Vermont Realty in L.A.
There, Walt Disney and his brother Roy produced a series of short live-action animated films. That's when they stole our hearts.
Disney never failed to impress us with its amazing characters and stories. But did you know many of them are based on real people and celebrities?
For example, the creators of The Little Mermaid used Alyssa Milano for inspiration for the well-known Disney character, Ariel.
Wondering what some of your favorite Disney characters look like in real life? Here are 27 of them brought to life!
Honeymaren Nattura (Frozen 2)
Ryder Nattura (Frozen 2)
Queen Iduna (Frozen)
King Agnarr (Frozen)
Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Prince Eric (The Little Mermaid)
Vanessa (The Little Mermaid)
Tiana (The Princess and The Frog)
Flynn Rider (Rapunzel)
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty)
Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre-Dame)
Phoebus (The Hunchback of Notre-Dame)
The resemblance is remarkable, right? Credit to the artist, 'toyboyfan'.
See more of his work, toyboyfan/Instagram.
Phew, that's a long post!
How About Some Fun Disney Facts
1. The voice of Lilo from Lilo and Stitch is the same voice of Samara Morgan in The Ring.
2. Bhalu (Baloo) is Hindi for 'bear' and Simba is Swahili for 'lion'.
3. The Disney World resort is about the same size as San Francisco.
4. Mickey Mouse was originally named Mortimer Mouse by Walt Disney.
5. According to Greek mythology, Ariel and Hercules are first cousins! Because they say, Zeus (Hercules' dad) was Triton's (Ariel's dad) uncle.