Not everyone can be brave, and unlike what people think, courage is not the absence of fear. These powerful quotes about being brave will give you a better perspective on this critical trait.
As you know, you can't get far in this life without some measure of bravery. Here are some quotes about being brave to help you appreciate this important reality.
Best Quotes About Being Brave
Being brave has inspired a lot of quotes. Here are some of the best quotes about being brave.
1. I breathe in my courage and exhale my fear. - Anonymous
2. Often time, being brave is simply being patient enough or having the willingness to take a risk.
3. This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. - Elmer Davis
4. The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity.- Robert Anthony
5. Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. ― Franklin P. Jones
6. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. - Mahatma Gandhi
7. It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ― E.E. Cummings
8. Luck always favors the brave. - Preity Zinta
9. It is courage, courage, courage that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity. ― Horace
10. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. - Nelson Mandela
Powerful Quotes About Being Brave
Being brave is the ultimate demonstration of power. That is why powerful quotes about being brave can help you tap into this inner power and live your life to the fullest.
11. Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you won't fail forever. - Lana Del Rey
12. Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once. - William Shakespeare
13. You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. ― William Faulkner
14. Being brave isn't the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it. - Bear Grylls
15. I beg you take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster. - Catherine the Great
16. Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him." ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
17. Keep in mind that many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. Real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe. - Christopher Paolini
18. Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once. - William Shakespeare
19. Heroes are never perfect, but they're brave, they're authentic, they're courageous, determined, discreet, and they've got grit. - Wade Davis
20. Often, the test of courage is not to die but to live. - Vittorio Alfieri
Amazing Quotes About Being Brave
What could be more amazing than being brave in the face of fearful situations? Here are some of the most amazing quotes about being brave.
21. A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide. - Mickey Mantle
22. It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
23. Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it. ― C. JoyBell C.
24. The best way out is always through. ― Robert Frost
25. All happiness depends on courage and work. ― Honoré de Balzac
26. It is going to take a very brave man to love me. Amanda Holden
27. You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort, but you cannot choose both. ― Brené Brown
28. Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self. - Queen Latifah
29. Fortune always favors the brave and never helps a man who does not help himself. ― P. T. Barnum
30. He who is brave is free. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Inspiring Quotes About Being Brave
Being brave is so inspiring, which is why society loves heroes. You can be a hero too, and here are some quotes about being brave to inspire the hero in you.
31. Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience. ― Paulo Coelho
32. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. - Ronald Reagan
33. A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for. ― John A. Shedd
34. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.- Seth Godin
35. Bravery is the ability to look fear and hurt in the face and say, move aside, you are in the way. - Melissa Tumino
36. Sometimes, the bravest thing you can do is admit you are scared. - Anonymous
37. Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently. ― Maya Angelou
38. Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett
39. Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.- Michel de Montaigne
40. It's okay to be crazy and scared and brave at the same time. - Kelly Epperson
Truthful Quotes About Being Brave
Whether you admit it or not, being brave is not something you can live without. Courage is essential, and these quotes about being brave clearly demonstrate why bravery should be a reality in every person's life.
41. Being brave means to know something is scary, difficult, and dangerous, and doing it anyway, because the possibility of winning the fight is worth the chance of losing it. - Emilie Autumn
41. The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die. - Juliette Lewis
42. If you are brave enough to say "goodbye," life will reward you with a new "hello." - Paulo Coelho
43. Be brave and be fearless, and for God's sake, stand up for yourself. - Gretchen Carlson
44. A brave man acknowledges the strength of others. - Veronica Roth
45. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. ― Steve Jobs
46. Only the brave know how to forgive... a coward never forgave; it is not in his nature. - Laurence Sterne
47. To believe yourself brave is to be brave; it is the one only essential thing. - Mark Twain
48. Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. - Billy Graham
49. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. ― Coco Chanel
50. Even cowards can endure hardship; only the brave can endure suspense. - Mignon McLaughlin
Top Quotes About Being Brave
To be brave is to find the inspiration to be courageous regardless of what you are going through in life. Here are some of the top quotes about being brave to keep you going.
51. Bravery is a complicated thing to describe...It's a quality, not a thing. - Mickey Mantle.
52. Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone. ― Roy T. Bennett
53. I want to be someone strong and brave enough to make hard choices. But I want to be fair and loving enough to make the right ones. - Amy Engel
54. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. ― Maya Angelou
55. Dream, struggle, create, prevail. Be daring. Be brave. Be loving. Be compassionate. Be strong. Be brilliant. Be beautiful. - Caterina Fake
56. Life is either a great adventure or nothing. - Helen Keller
57. Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway. ―John Wayne
58. Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave. - Indira Gandhi
59. It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit. - J.R.R. Tolkien
60. To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. He uses both. ― St. Catherine of Siena
Beautiful Quotes About Being Brave
When it's all said and done, being brave is a beautiful trait. How about a few beautiful quotes about being brave to inspire you?
61. Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death. - Omar N. Bradley
62. Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities . . . because it is the quality which guarantees all others. – Winston Churchill
63. Live as brave men, and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts. - Marcus Tullius Cicero
64. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. ― Mark Twain
65. If you fear nothing, then you are not brave. You are merely too foolish to be afraid. - Laurell K. Hamilton
66. Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. - Jim Morrison
67. Everyone has talent. What's rare is the courage to follow it to the dark places where it leads. ― Erica Jong
68. Find what you are afraid of, face it, and then you won't be afraid of it anymore. - Marilyn Manson
69. Don't get discouraged; it is often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. - Unknown
70. Success is not final. Failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ― Winston S. Churchill
Awesome Quotes About Being Brave
You can achieve very little in this life without being brave, and here are some awesome quotes about being brave demonstrating just how awesome this trait can be.
71. In order to achieve anything, you must be brave enough to fail. - Kirk Douglas
72. Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don't fail forever. ― Lana Del Rey
73. You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try. - Dolly Parton
74. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. ― J.K. Rowling
75. A brave man is a man who dares to look the Devil in the face and tell him he is a Devil. James A. Garfield
76. Bravery is measured by how hard you try, not by whether you actually succeed. - Nancy Straight
77. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you. ― Mary Tyler Moore
78. Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave. - Mary Tyler Moore
79. We become brave by doing brave acts. - Aristotle.
80. Nobody who says, 'I told you so' has ever been, or will ever be, a hero. - Ursula K. Le Guin
Incredible Quotes About Being Brave
There is nothing as incredible as being brave when anyone else would rather walk away. These incredible quotes about being brave prove why we all need to be brave.
81. The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. - Thomas Paine
82. Courage is found in unlikely places. ― J.R.R. Tolkien
83. Physical bravery is an animal instinct; moral bravery is much higher and truer courage. - Wendell Phillips
84. Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
85. Scared is what you're feeling. Brave is what you're doing. ― Emma Donoghue
86. Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit. - Baltasar Gracian
87. Fearlessness is the first requisite of spirituality. Cowards can never be moral. - Mahatma Gandhi
88. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you. - Mary Tyler Moore
89. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. ― Anais Nin
90. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ― Lao Tzu
91. Bravery has no place where it can avail nothing. - Samuel Johnson
92. A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
93. Taking no chances means wasting your dreams. - Ellen Hopkins
94. It's your life; you don't need someone's permission to live the life you want. Be brave to live from your heart. - Roy T. Bennett.
As these quotes about being brave illustrate, anyone can be brave because courage comes from within.