So, how about a few terrific Tuesdays with Morrie quotes to brighten up your day? This best-selling book indeed had an impact, and it offers many nuggets of wisdom to keep you going despite the tough times you might be going through.
Tuesdays with Morrie is a book by Mitch Albom, and it has a lot of lessons about the meaning of life. The best-selling title also inspired a movie by the same name in 1999. No wonder there is such an abundance of Tuesdays with Morrie quotes.
It sucks when nasty life experiences remind us to be careful about life. Unfortunately, this happens more often than we care to admit.
What matters at the end of our lives is not usually our ceaseless efforts to accumulate a fortune, but whether or not we loved and got loved or had a positive impact on society.
Many excellent books constantly remind us of this existential reality, but few do it better than Tuesdays with Morrie. That is why today, we will look at some genuinely great Tuesdays with Morrie quotes.
Inspiring Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes
Tuesdays with Morrie quotes can offer some pretty life-affirming words of wisdom. Here are some of the most inspiring Tuesdays with Morrie quotes you will ever read.
1. Don't let go too soon, but don't hold on too long.
2. People are only mean when they are threatened.
3. As you grow, you learn more. Aging is not just decay…it's growth.
4. Love each other or perish.
5. Only an open heart will allow you to float equally between everyone.
6. Love is the only rational act.
7. You can't substitute material things for love or for gentleness or for tenderness or for a sense of comradeship.
8. There are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage: If you don't respect the other person, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
9. What if today were my last day on earth?
10. There is no such thing as 'too late' in life.
11. I like myself better when I'm with you.
12. How useful it would be to put a daily limit on self-pity. Just a few tearful minutes, then on with the day.
13. These people were so hungry for love that they were accepting substitutes.
14. Do you know how they brainwash people? They repeat something over and over. And that's what we do in this country. Owning things is good. More money is good. More property is good. More commercialism is good. More is good. More is good.
15. Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
Sobering Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes
Sometimes you can go through life not knowing the right thing to do. Fortunately, some Tuesdays with Morrie quotes can help you know where you should be heading in life.
So, if you need a reminder about the meaning of life and where your priorities should lie, here are some sobering Tuesdays with Morrie quotes for you.
16. If you don't have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don't have much at all.
17. I give myself a good cry if I need it, but then I concentrate on all good things still in my life.
18. Love is the only rational act.
19. If you're trying to show off for people at the top, forget it. They will look down on you anyhow.
20. Love wins. Love always wins.
21. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.
22. The truth is, part of me is every age. I'm a three-year-old, I'm a five-year-old, I'm a thirty-seven-year-old, I'm a fifty-year-old. I've been through all of them, and I know what it's like.
23. Love always wins.
24. The fact is, there is no foundation, no secure ground, upon which people may stand today if it isn't the family. It's become quite clear to me as I've been sick.
25. Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
26. Find someone to share your heart, give to your community, be at peace with yourself, try to be as human as you can be.
27. So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things.
28. Accept who you are; and revel in it.
29. Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it; Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others.
30. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.
Amazing Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes
Truth is often remarkable, but sometimes, it takes a little help to find it. These terrific Tuesdays with Morrie quotes will remind you of some apparent facts about life.
If you have some questions about love and the role relationships play in life, you should check out these Tuesdays with Morrie quotes.
31. Why are we embarrassed by silence? What comfort do we find in all the noise?
32. Without love, we are birds with broken wings.
33. The truth is, when our mothers held us, rocked us, stroked our heads -none of us ever got enough of that. We all yearn in some way to return to those days when we were completely taken care of - unconditional love, unconditional attention. Most of us didn't get enough.
34. If you really want it, then you'll make your dream happen.
35. If you're always battling against getting older, you're always going to be unhappy because it will happen anyhow.
36. Well, Ted, one day soon, someone's gonna have to wipe my ass.
37. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
38. What's wrong with being number two?
39. If you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back.
40. Death ends a life, not a relationship.
41. We are so afraid of the sight of death . . . As soon as someone dies in a hospital, they pull the sheets up over their head, and they wheel the body to some chute and push it down. . . . It's not contagious, you know. Death is as natural as life. It's part of the deal we made.
42. Don't cling to things because everything is impermanent.
43. If you want the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being, and to learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then you should have children.
44. Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do.
45. Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently.
Famous Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes
Tuesdays with Morrie quotes are just as popular as the book. That is why many people remember a quote or two from this famous book even without reading it.
These are some of the most famous Tuesdays with Morrie quotes.
46. Part of the problem . . . is that everyone is in such a hurry. . . . People haven't found meaning in their lives, so they're running all the time looking for it.
47. Look, no matter where you live, the biggest defect we human beings have is our shortsightedness. We don't see what we could be. We should be looking at our potential, stretching ourselves into everything we can become.
48. You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see. You have to believe what you feel.
49. Forgive yourself before you die. Then forgive others.
50. Turn on the faucet. Wash yourself with the emotion. It won't hurt you. It will only help.
51. Much of what we called "depression" was really dissatisfaction, a result of setting a bar impossibly high or expecting treasures we weren't willing to work for.
52. As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away.
53. All that happens when your dreams come true is a slow, melting realization that it wasn't what you thought.
54. The truth is, once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.
55. There is no formula to relationships. They have to be negotiated in loving ways, with room for both parties, what they want, and what they need, what they can do, and what their life is like.
56. You live on—in the hearts of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here.
57. I don't know what it is about the food your mother makes for you, especially when it's something that anyone can make – but it carries a certain taste of memory.
58. Be compassionate, and take responsibility for each other. If we only learned those lessons, this world would be so much better a place.
59. Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.
60. Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you're bound to do something else.
Best Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes
Tuesdays with Morrie quotes prove that this is a truly remarkable book. So, what are the best Tuesdays with Morrie quotes, you know?
If these are not on your list already, then they probably will be once you read them.
61. Every society has its own problem... you have to work at creating a new culture.
62. Do the kinds of things that come from the heart. When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious, you won't be longing for somebody else's things. On the contrary, you'll be overwhelmed with what comes back.
63. Invest in the human family. Invest in people. Build a small community of those you love and who love you.
64. There's a big confusion in this country over what we want versus what we need.
65. The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves. And you have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn't work, don't buy it.
66. Maybe death is the great equalizer, the one big thing that can finally make strangers shed a tear for one another.
67. It's such a shame to waste time. We always think we have so much of it.
68. You can't get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened. That doesn't help you…
69. We all yearn for what we have lost. But sometimes, we forget what we have.
70. Sometimes, when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else.
71. Holding anger is a poison…It eats you from inside…
72. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.
73. One day spent with someone you love can change everything.
74. Sacrifice is a part of life. It's supposed to be. It's not something to regret. It's something to aspire to.
75. When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those you love.
76. When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times.
Final Thoughts On Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes
Have you learned something from these fantastic Tuesdays with Morrie quotes? We bet you have.
There are so many Tuesdays with Morrie quotes around prove just how good this book was.