No one of us is above it and that's the universal truth. Whatever valid feminist discourse is pervading the nation at any given moment in time, one universal truth remains. We all want the guys to like us. To love us. To desire us. Thems the facts, pals.
As such, I've compiled a short-long list of various techniques, mannerisms, or tactics to get your guy onside. Failing that, I know a few hitmen that can juggle him into accordance!
I'm Joking, Aren't I?
It's always a fine line between what makes us feel good and what makes us look good. Even more so, it's often hard to establish whether we are doing things for the right reasons. Are we wearing a short skirt because we feel sexy in it, or because we think we will look sexy to guys? It's tough to know, but I would wager that we don't need to spend too long analyzing every decision that we make against a feminist/progressive agenda.
Yes, we all want a better future and more equal standards of existence, but there are more productive ways of supporting that cause than just doing things that we think we 'should' be doing. The goal is empowerment, not to be constantly regulated as to what constitutes allowable 'sexuality' or 'gender performance'.
Therefore, Without Further Ado, The List That May Save Your Love Life!
1. Change it up a bit! If you normally go for a full face of makeup, why not try going barefaced the next time you see your guy? Or, equally, if you are happy just chilling without make-up normally, maybe try a dash of eye shadow or lipstick. If the guys have to make an effort, so do you! If not, why not go rogue with accessories or some eye-catching jewelry. It will catch the light and get their attention that way!
2. Feel confident in your own skin! Confidence is basically gold dust in mating rituals. When you've got it, guys can sense that and you immediately stand out from the crowd. Know yourself and then you can present to the men around you exactly what they want. Hint: it's you.
3. Play hard to get – just a bit. If you're normally a very punctual (obsessive) replier, why not leave their message for an hour or two. Or leave them on read (if you have the nerve and want to see if they're going to try again). Don't do this outside the bounds of politeness, you are trying to court him, after all. But don't convey that you're always available for him. It's a fact universally acknowledged that guys want what they can't have. Such is the way of the world.
Some More On The Way…
1. Increase physical contact, casually – if you're say at the bar together and feel comfortable, why not opt for a tactical hand to his chest or thigh as you laugh charmingly at his nervous joke? He will go crazy for your affection and the blood will rush to his head and other places.
2. Bite your lip. It's just science, don't ask me.
3. Recommend a book that you think he'll like, or a film or TV show – this shows that you have not only common interests, but you are willing to engage with his world. Here, two worlds can meet and you can both become well-rounded individuals. You might also blow his mind by sharing the same tastes in Murder Mystery novels as he does.
4. Get his number early – maybe you feel like the guy should traditionally be the first person to make the move and get each other's numbers. Not so, it's 2019, guys! Why not be gutsy for a change and boldly request his number. While he gives his digits away he may well pass along his heart too. Well, we can dream, I guess.
But Remember As A Final Calling Card…
You are desirable (in the immortal words of Colin Firth in Bridget Jones' Diary) just as you are.