Love hurts. And sometimes, you think that it is a good hurt because it makes you feel alive.
But is it worth it?
Let’s be real: nobody deserves to sleep with a broken heart. Not for somebody who doesn’t love them back.
You are made for more. For something deeper. Something meaningful. For somebody special who could be able to offer you their heart without any doubts, without secrets, with no drama and ignorance.
And don’t let something like unreturned love ruin your confidence or destroy you.
Remember, love always finds its way.
One day, you will be loved. And until then, feel free to open your heart and splash all your pain on paper.
There is something calming in writing down how you feel, especially when you feel that this ugly love has taken its toll on you.
Emotional Quotes About Loving Someone Who Doesn’t Love You Back
“Because, if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back…then that love has to be real.” – Sarah Cross
“Let no one who loves be called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its own rainbow.” – J.M. Barrie
“Being in love with someone who doesn’t even know you exist isn’t the worst thing in the world. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.” – Tonya Hurley
“There is nothing so mortifying as to fall in love with someone who doesn’t share one’s sentiments.” – Georgette Heyer
“Every broken heart has screamed at one time or another: Why can’t you see who I truly am?” – Shannon L. Alder
“I want him to see the flowers in my eyes and hear the songs in my hands.” – Francesca Lia Block
“There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” – Shannon L. Alder
“If you don’t receive love from the ones who are meant to love you, you will never stop looking for it.” – Robert Goolrick
“I would have followed you to hell and back… if only you’d lead me back.” – Ranata Suzuki
Poignant Quotes About Loving A Person Who Doesn’t Love You As You Do
10. “Every night, I laid awake with your memories flooding through my eyes with the hope to be with you when sleep arrived.” – Anmol Rawat
11. “Until this moment, I had not realized that someone could break your heart twice, along the very same fault lines.” – Jodi Picoult
12. “A person doesn’t know true hurt and suffering until they’ve felt the pain of falling in love with someone whose affections lie elsewhere.” – Rose Gordon
13. “Sometimes no matter how many eyelashes or dandelion seeds you blow, no matter how much of your heart you tear out and slap on your sleeve, it just ain’t gonna happen.” – Melissa Jensen
14. I had discovered that there was something more painful than falling in love with someone who hasn’t fallen for you; hurting that person-hurting him and not being able to do anything about it.” – Elizabeth Chandler
15. “The knowledge that she would never be loved in return acted upon her ideas as a tide acts upon cliffs.” – Thronton Wilder
16. “There was a man who loved the moon, but whenever he tried to embrace her, she broke into a thousand pieces and left him drenched, with empty arms.” – Laini Taylor
17. “Nothing grieves more deeply or pathetically than one half of a great love that isn’t meant to be.” – Gregory David Roberts
18. “Love is as simple as the absence of self-given to another. God, when invited, fills the void of any unrequited love; hence loving is how one is drawn closer to God no matter its most horrific repercussions.” – Criss Jami
Touching Quotes For The One Who Doesn’t Love You Back
19. “He was both everything I could ever want…And nothing I could ever have…” – Ranata Suzuki
20. “I caught myself thinking about falling in love with someone who I hoped was out there right now thinking about the possibility of me, but I quickly banished the notion. It was that kind of thinking that landed me in this situation, to begin with. Hope can ruin you.” – Perry Moore
21. “Unrequited love is so boring. Weeping under a blue-black sky is for suckers and maniacs.” – Alice Hoffman
22. “As long as you’re neurotic and crazy, he’s great. But once he solves all your problems, he becomes the problem.” – Candace Bushnell
23. “When you give someone your whole heart, and he doesn’t want it, you cannot take it back. It’s gone forever.” – Sylvia Plath
24. “I learned that I cannot demand love from anyone. I can only give good reasons for them to like me…and be patient for life to do the rest.” – William Shakespeare
25. “I have to admit, unrequited love is so much better than a real one…as long as something is never even started, you never have to worry about it ending.” – Sarah Dessen
26. “Unrequited love is a ridiculous state, and it makes those in it behave ridiculously.” – Cassandra Clare
27. “Unrequited love is all right in books and things, but in real life, it completely sucks.” – Meg Cabot
28. “She hated that she was still so desperate for a glimpse of him, but it had been this way for years.” – Julia Quinn
Heartbreaking Poems About Loving A Soul Who Doesn’t Love You
29. “A mighty pain to love it is And ‘t is a pain that pain to miss; But of all pains, the greatest pain It is to love, but love in vain.” – Abraham Cowley
30. “A flower knows when its butterfly will return, and if the moon walks out, the sky will understand; but now it hurts, to watch you leave so soon when I don’t know if you will ever come back.” – Sanober Khan
31. “I write you a letter that begins With I love you and ends with I love you and Somewhere in the middle is one goodbye for Every hurt” – Patricia Smith
32. “I am taking this in, slowly, Taking it into my body. This grief. How slow The body is to realize You are never coming back.” – Donna Masini Slowly
33. “I died a lot to live a little with you” – Yaghma Golroei
34. “I’m afraid of waking up to a world where you see and I am not what you saw” – Ali Nuri
35. “Sometimes temporary feels like a blessing in a world where love only lasts a second.” – Laura Chouette
Melancholic Quotes For Your Unrequited Love
36. Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is, is a cloud – falling apart and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I’m not the only thing that falls apart. It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter.” – Lone Alaskan Gypsy
37. “I’ll love you even when I can’t. I’ll love you even when I shouldn’t.” – Colleen Hoover
38. “You make me feel like a firefly. Trapped in a bell jar; starved for love.” – Ayushee Ghoshal
39. “And in the end, I said you would love me. We’re in the end and there’s only one of us here.” – Dominic Riccitello
40. “He was my sweetest fantasy and my bitter reality.” – Luffina Lourduraj
41. “Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable.” – Nicholas Sparks
42. “I wanted to punch him and understand him at the same time.” – Shannon A. Thompson
43. “However much you wanted someone to want you, there was nothing you could do to make it happen. Whatever you did for them, whatever you gave them, whatever you let them take, it could never be enough to make them love you.” – Manna Francis
44. “Just tell yourself a story that’ll satisfy you and pretend he told it.” – Catherynne M. Valente
Moving Quotes For Loving Someone Who Doesn’t Love You Back
45. “When you love something, you have to make sure it loves you back, or you’ll bring about no end of trouble chasing it.” – Patrick Rothfuss
46. “It’s delicious to have people adore you, but it’s exhausting, too. Particularly when your own feelings don’t match theirs.” – Tasha Alexander
47. “Perfect behavior is born of complete indifference. Perhaps this is why we always love madly someone who treats us with indifference.” – Cesare Pavese
48. “I get what it’s like to want something, but to try and force yourself to really believe that you don’t.” – Cora Carmack
49. “Even before you touched me, I belonged to you; all you had to do was look at me.” – Louise Glück
50. “When the person you love can’t see your love for them beneath the painful things you say when they reject you, remember this: Love is blind.” – Shannon L. Alder
51. “My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it.” – Meredith Taylor
52. “The heart is stubborn. It holds onto love despite what sense and emotion tell it. And it is often, in the battle of those three, the most brilliant of all.” – Alessandra Torre
53. “You know, unrequited love is very difficult? It’s not just having this one-sided love of someone who’s far away. Being close, talking daily, liking a guy who’s constantly near me is harder than it would be under different circumstances.” – Park So Hee
Quotes For Unrequited Love That Come From The Heart
54. “All these years, I’ve had a story in my mind, the story about us that never really existed. And because of that story, I’ve kept you framed up on the wall in a little box of nostalgic moonlight.” – Cathleen Schine
55. “I swallowed my heartbreak like a bitter pill.” – Sakshi Narula
56. “I know my heart will never be the same. But I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” – Sara Evans
57. “Only yesterday, a young woman came to me wanting a trap set for a man with a sweet smile and lithe arms. She was a fool, not for wanting him, but for wanting more of him than that.” – Patricia McKillip
58. “The sky cries for those filled with sadness.” – Sonya Watson
59. “I know I’m not going to be in your head all the time. But once you know me, I’ll be forever in your heart. ” – Crystal Woods
60. “I hate you for all the years I’ll have to live without you. How can a heart hurt this much and still go on beating? How can I feel this bad without dying from it? I’ve bruised my knees with praying to have you back. None of my prayers have been answered. I tried to send them up to heaven but they’re trapped here on earth, like bobwhites beneath the snow. I try to sleep and it’s like I’m suffocating. Where have you gone? Once you said that if I wasn’t with you, it wouldn’t be heaven. I can’t let go of you. Come back and haunt me. Come back.” – Lisa Kleypas
Honest Quotes For The One Who Doesn’t Love You Back
61. “For a split second, I felt as though she was nobody special in the larger scheme of my life. She was just some girl who had tied me to her leg to help her sink when she jumped off the bridge. Then I blinked and was in love with her again.” – Miranda July
62. “To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.” – Federico García Lorca
63. “Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again.” – Carol Rifka Brunt
64. “To be rejected by someone doesn’t mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn’t mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only ONE person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person’s opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God.” – Jocelyn Soriano
65. “She recognized it at once: love, one-way deep adoration that bounced off and did not bounce back; careful, quiet love that didn’t care and went on anyway.” – Celeste Ng
66. “For so long, I’ve only had one-sided feelings for other people. I’ve completely forgotten how good it feels to be loved.” – Hinako Takanaga
67. “Although he doesn’t know it yet, she isn’t his real life. But he is hers. This is painful.” – Margaret Atwood
68. “They say heartbreak is a blessing. It helps you grow and turns you into a better, more powerful person. You become as strong as a beast.” – Priyanka Agarwal
A Couple Of Words About Loving Someone Who Doesn’t Love You Back
You can’t command your heart to erase the feelings for someone who doesn’t feel the same for you. That’s a mission impossible.
However, you could help yourself by keeping your realistic side wide awake. We have a different approach to things that happen to us when we keep our brains on guard.
Include rational thinking beneath your emotions. Your heart wants what it wants. But once you figure out that this one-sided love leads nowhere, you’ll feel braver to turn a new page and start your new love chapter bold.
In the end, only time will heal your wounds. And you’ll find someone who will care for you equally.