50 Times Vets Encountered The Cutest Pets At Work, And Just Had To Take A Picture
Published in Aug 2021 / Updated in Sep 2021
As every animal lover knows, pets make our world go round. In a world full of chaos and hustle, our furry friends calm us down, give us comfort, and help us feel re-energized and happy.
That is why many people have dedicated themselves to dealing with animals round the clock. Vets have the responsibility of helping, treating, and caring for our pet friends.
In a long-overdue recognition of the good job they do, today we will look at people we turn to when our pets are having issues.
Let’s be honest: as pet lovers, we know how badly we need vets.
So, this is a collection of heart-warming pictures of vets having the best time with their furry, adorable patients. If you ever needed a reason to love your vet even more, then this is as good as it gets.
Of course, many of us would like to get into their shoes at the drop of a hat if that were possible. However, commemorating this tough and yet satisfying profession with these cute and happy pictures comes pretty close.
1. Wake Me Up When You’re Done
This horse vet had the heart-melting honor of having his little patient fall asleep on his feet while still talking to the owners.
2. A Satisfied Dog Saying “Thank You” To The Vet
3. A Proud Mom And Her Babies. Check Out That Perfect Wink
Choosing to commit yourself to care for animals by becoming a vet is a truly unique experience. However, the job is not as easy as most people assume.
According to a veteran veterinarian who had practiced for over a decade, these professionals can suffer from burnout. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common problem for vets.
Therefore, vet clinics need to have measures that ensure vets can sustainably do their jobs without compromising their psychological wellbeing. This is the key to ensuring that the vet can remain passionate about the job.
When you are a veterinarian, no day is like another. So, although there are many happy moments, there can be many heartbreaking times.
Vets often have to deal with stress, long hours, and unpredictability. The fact that vets have to sometimes deal with pet owners who will not go all the way for the sake of their pets can be quite frustrating for an animal-loving vet.
4. These Maine Coon Kittens Are Eagerly Waiting For The Vet
5. This Cute Golden Retriever Looks Adorable At The Vet’s
6. Here, A Vet Is Having A Great Time With A Customer’s Cat
Taking care of your pet is not always about tasty treats and fun playtimes. When it’s time to visit the vet, things can get a little pricey, especially for pet owners who have no pet insurance.
Some pet owners can’t afford the care their adorable animals need, which can put vets in a moral dilemma when the required care means the difference between life and death for the pet. Sometimes, the vets can go out on a limb and help out, but at other times, they can’t do what’s best for these animals due to the financial demands.
Without a doubt, this is one of the most challenging aspects of this job.
Fortunately, the most rewarding aspects of the job more than make up for the bad times. And the most satisfying thing about being a vet is knowing what is ailing a particular animal, which is no mean feat considering that animals can’t talk and tell you how they feel.
7. This Vet Found A New Assistant
8. An Ecstatic Vet
9. High, Happy, And Super Cute. This Dog Ate A Pot Brownie, And He Doesn’t Look Sorry
According to experienced vets, entering this profession is not easy. There are a lot of steps to complete towards getting a bachelor’s degree.
First of all, admission to a vet school is hard, and getting certified is another hurdle. Therefore, if you want to be a vet, you need a lot of dedication and focus.
It is equally important that you remember why you became a vet in the first place once you qualify as one. For that reason, vets should have goals they review regularly.
This is important to maintain passion and ensure success.
A vet also needs to learn to think on their feet while maintaining a positive outlook on things. Sometimes, a vet’s day can get quite stressful, which means attitude means a lot in this business.
Vets often have to deal with frustrated clients or very sick patients, which can take its toll.
Vets must learn to take care of animals, but it is equally important to deal with pet owners.
10. This Vet Intern In Taiwan Is Clearly Enjoying His Time Caring For A Sweet Kitten.
11. A Vet With A Kitten In Her Pocket
12. A Man And His Wife Visited His Mom, A Vet, And Got A Rare Chance To Play With This Furry Princess
Those trying to get into vet schools also need to understand how demanding the course load can get. Oftentimes, those training to become vets are left with no personal life.
However, after leaving school, vets need to understand balancing personal life and work life. Otherwise, they could experience burnouts like many others before them.
To take care of pets, the vets also need to learn to take care of themselves. Essentially, that amounts to learning to say “No” when necessary for the sake of their emotional wellbeing.
Burnouts are common in this profession, and it’s because many vets are so passionate about the welfare of animals that are brought in, requiring their special attention.
Having a balanced life ensures that vets remain motivated and passionate about their jobs. Some vets make the mistake of pushing themselves too hard and eventually end up abandoning the profession.
Although these cute little friends require all the attention they can get, vets need to understand that they can’t offer this care at their expense.
13. Yes, I Can Hear You Very Clearly
14. A Cute Hamster Helping The Vet Do The Checkup
15. This Baby Fox At The Vet’s Looks Like A CGI. So Adorable Though
Vets can also specialize. For instance, some vets can specialize in the rehabilitation of animals, while others can focus on complementary medicine.
Some vets can even focus on helping animals with disabilities, which often requires dealing with the owners of these animals more closely.
At times, the owners of these pets can put a lot of pressure on the vets, considering how emotionally invested they are in the wellbeing of their furry friends.
That can be difficult to deal with, and it also comes with risks as some owners can blame the vets after negative outcomes.
16. While Most People Use Desk Drawers To Keep Their Stuff, This Creative Pet Owner Has Found A Way To Turn The Space Into A Nice Pet Bed
17. A Vet’s Coworker Brought In A Baby Goat For Weighing, She’s Called Matilda
18. Benefits Of Dating A Vet: Girlfriend Sends Her Partner Photos Of Cute Animals, She Works As A Vet Tech
Although being a vet does come with its fair share of challenges, it is also undoubtedly one of the most rewarding jobs. For instance, seeing a pet overcome a serious illness and live a happy and healthy life again is incredibly satisfying.
However, sometimes, the owner might not realize how serious the illness was and how huge a risk the ailment was to the pet.
Another satisfying thing about being a vet is getting a chance to teach other vets and pass on the special knowledge to them.
Therefore, being a vet is more than a job – it is a calling. Consequently, vets have to keep learning more about the profession as time goes on.
Luckily, it is always exciting to learn more about these creatures when you are an animal lover. Besides, the joy of always interacting with these adorable animals is beyond compare.
Therefore, the night shifts, the pay, and other challenges pale compared to the satisfaction that comes with the job. The barks, meows, licks, and other fun sounds are always nice to have around, and that’s pretty much guaranteed when you are a vet.
19. The Vet Is Seeing A Male Calico For The Second Time In Over 5 Decades
20. Once The Vet Is Done, We Have Something Important To Discuss
21. A Vet Cuddling With A Patient As Part Of Post-Op Care
22. Making Sure The Dog Doesn’t Go Through Anesthetic Recovery Alone
23. A Wolf Puppy At The Vet’s Clinic
24. This Cute Beaver Baby Seems To Be Waving Hello
25. A Vet With His Curious Patient
26. When Damascus Decided To Go On A Biting Spree, They Found A Comfortable Way To Keep Him Stable For His X-rays
27. The Cute Little Dog Seems Genuinely Concerned About His Wellbeing
28. I Can Copy That Look
29. A Happy Patient After Passing All His Annual Checkups
30. A Pet That Truly Appreciates The Doctor
31. This Vet Is Surrounded By A Bunch Of Puppies
32. The Vet And The Patient Appear To Be Having A Blast
33. A Pet Owner’s Cat Was Going Into Surgery, And The Vet Techs Sent Them This Cute Photo
34. Rightly Proud
This pet looks pretty proud, and for a good reason. The vet tech took him around the office, showing him off to the rest of the staff while taking pictures with him.
35. An Adorable Patient Photographed By The Vet
36. Flipping The Script… How Adorable
37. A Sweet Cat That Is Clearly Loving Foster Care
38. One Of The Perks Of Working With Cute Animals All Day Long
39. A Vet Who Certainly Loves His Job
40. Being A Vet Receptionist Means Enjoying Interesting Times Such As This
41. He Slept Through The Whole Thing
The Australian shepherd puppy was asleep even though the shots he was getting at the vet. They had to hold him up during the physical.
42. Only At The Vet’s Clinic
43. A Cute Little Pet In The Caring Hands Of A Vet
44. That’s Norman, Being Held Up By A Vet Who Loves Her Job
45. Animals Can Always Recognize A Vet, Even When Off Work
She is a vet, and this is her home. This animal showed up to say hi, proving that the Ace Ventura thing is not totally made up.
46. This Dog Was So Charmed By The Vet That He Sits At The Door Waiting For Her To Show Up Again
47. One Of The Reasons Vets Love Their Job
48. This Dog Shows The Vet Some Love As He Takes Her Temperature
49. Hug Buddy
When they drew blood from this dog’s jugular vein, they have to hold the vein. However, the dog thought the vet wanted a hug.
50. In Case You Don’t Understand The Sign, I’m Reese
A vet brought in a pet dog named Reese, and his takeover of the reception was so irresistible they had to make a sign reflecting the change. Can you think of a more adorable receptionist?
See! Being a vet is totally adorable and rewarding, as these adorable pictures show.