These pictures of Dolly Parton prove that the music icon is a national treasure, a true legend. She has dominated the world with her beautiful music for decades.
Dolly Parton is more than a musician, and it's clear she has turned into one of the most significant figures in history. Today, the lovable icon has been an artist for over 50 years. She has mastered at least eight instruments and penned hundreds of songs.
Without a doubt, Dolly Parton has a unique style of creating music, and many people are left in awe of her talent.
Her most famous hits are Jolene and I Will Always Love You, which she wrote on the same day.
I Will Always Love You was made popular by Whitney Houston, and Dolly Parton was grateful that Houston had given the song a new life. She said the remix was one of her favorite pieces because it helped demonstrate that she could be taken seriously as a songwriter.
Kevin Costner asked Parton for permission before using the song in the movie, The Bodyguard.
The following pictures of Dolly Parton show how she turned from being a regular girl into the beautiful star we love and adore today.
The icon has claimed that her goal in life is to make as many people happy as possible. In these pictures of Dolly Parton, it is clear that she has achieved this goal.
Dolly Parton Had Truly Humble Beginnings
Dolly Parton was born in 1946 in the Great Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee. Her poor parents, both farmers, lived in a single-roomed cabin with no electricity.
She was the fourth of 12 children, and she admitted that the kids would pee on her every night because each bed had to sleep three or four children. In the few childhood pictures of Dolly Parton, young Dolly can be seen around her large family.
Dolly Parton often had to act like a mother to her siblings. She once told her, "This one's gonna be your baby," because the kids were so many.
Sadly, "her baby" died days after birth when Dolly Parton was just nine years old. She was heartbroken. To this day, she has no children of her own.
Medical care was also out of reach for the struggling family, and her mother had to nurse her when she nearly severed three toes after stepping on glass.
After the accident, her dad and brothers held her down, and then they poured kerosene on the wound as an antiseptic. Then, her mom got her sewing needles and sewed her toes back to her feet.
The only apparent source of joy in the family was their radio, where they heard the Grand Ole Opry.
Dolly Parton Became A Professional Singer At The Age Of 10
Dolly Parton's uncle, Lewis, gave her a guitar when she was young, and she turned into a professional singer at the age of 10. She would appear on local TV and get played on radio stations in Knoxville.
She wrote her first song, Puppy Love, with some help from Bill Owens, her cousin. The song was released in 1959 when she was 13 years old. Her grandmother had to join her on a 30-hour bus ride to a studio in Louisiana to have it recorded.
In the same year, she performed on the radio after being introduced by Johnny Cash. After her performance, there were three encores.
A day after completing her high school studies, she packed up her things in a cardboard suitcase. After a short time, she got her first deal as a songwriter.
She also had regular appearances on Porter Wagoner Show. After she left the show in 1974, her legendary music career began.
Dolly Parton Has Been Married For Over 50 Years
Dolly Parton met her husband, Carl Dean, on the night she arrived in Nashville in 1964. They met at the Wishy-Washy Laundromat.
She said that she had graduated on a Friday, went to Nashville on Saturday, and met her love in a laundromat.
Parton's husband is notorious for keeping a low profile, which is apparent by his absence in many pictures of Dolly Parton.
The singer has also managed to keep some aspects of her life private. For instance, she has kept tattoos which she got to hide her scars hidden. Only a very few people ever saw them.
There are not many pictures of Dolly Parton and her husband together, though the couple has been happily married for well over 50 years.
Dolly Parton Has Always Been Passionate About Philanthropy
Dolly Parton had it rough when growing up, and she has never forgotten that. That is why she donates her time and money to philanthropy.
Some of the institutions she has worked with include United Way, Save the Music Foundation, and the Make-a-Wish program. Her charitable endeavors are apparent in many pictures of Dolly Parton throughout the years.
In addition to supporting other charities, she also founded Dollywood Foundation. The organization gave $1,000 a month to families whose primary residences were destroyed by the Tennessee wildfires.
The foundation also runs a literacy program known as Imagination Library she established in honor of her father, who did not know how to read. Children in the United States, Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom aged five years and less get free books through the program.
There's also a theme park known as Dollywood, and Dolly Parton says she has never taken any rides at it because she has "so much to lose." She explained that she was talking about her shoes and wig.
Nevertheless, there are several glamorous pictures of Dolly Parton in Dollywood.
Glamorous Pictures Of Dolly Parton
Here are some of the most famous pictures of Dolly Parton that define her successful career as a musician.
1. Dolly Parton In An Interview In Chicago In 1977
2. With Porter Wagoner In 1969, One Of The Most Popular Pictures Of Dolly Parton
3. In 1975, With A Ten-Gallon Hat
4. With Her Brother In 1980
5. Singing With Her Sisters In The Studio In 1981
6. With Oprah Winfrey In 1987
7. Having Fun With Hulk Hogan 1987 On Her Variety Show, Dolly
8. In 1987, Getting A Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame Alongside Sylvester Stallone
9. With The Yankees In 1987
10. In 1960, One Of The Few Pictures Of Dolly Parton When She Was In High School
11. 19-Year-Old Dolly 1965, One Of Many Pictures Of Dolly Parton With Her Iconic Hair
12. Dolly Parton In 1970
13. In California In 1970
14. In 1977, At The American Music Awards In California
15. With Comedian John Belushi In 1970
16. Posing As A Playboy Bunny In 1978
17. With Cher On ABC TV Special Cher In 1978
18. In 9 to 5 With Sterling Hayden In 1980
19. With Chippendales On Dolly In 1987
20. With James Patterson
21. With ACM Cohosts, Gabby Barrett, And Jimmie Allen
22. Looking Glamorous
23. With Porter Wagoner
24. Striking A Glamorous Pose
25. Looking Glamorous As Ever
26. During A Performance In 1975
27. A Lovely Picture Of The Musical Icon
28. Looking Amazing, As Usual
29. With Little Nas X
30. With Husband Carl Dean
31. With Vince Gill On The Grand Ole Opry Stage
32. With Her Fans In 1977
33. With Her Brother Randy Before His Death In 2021
34. With Kenny Rogers
35. During The Phil Donahue Show In 1977
36. During A Performance With Kenny Rogers
37. With Willie Nelson
38. During The Making Of The Best Little Whorehouse
39. With Miley Cyrus
40. One Of Many Pictures Of Dolly Parton And Husband Carl Dean
41. With Mick Jagger
42. On The Dolly Variety Show In 1987
43. With Johnny Carson In The 80s
44. Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, And Emmylou Harris
45. During A Performance In 1970
46. In 2014, At Glastonbury Festival
47. With Carrie Underwood
48. With Miley Cyrus, Her Goddaughter
49. With Her Impersonator In 2018
50. At Dollywood In 1988
51. In 1987, With A Chimpanzee
Based on these amazing pictures of Dolly Parton, it is clear that the country music star has always been classy and down-to-earth, even with the greatness that has defined her life and career.