Respecting yourself is the best thing you can do in life. You will never gain other people’s respect if you don’t start by respecting yourself. Self-respect begins by knowing your worth, acknowledging your values, recognizing your nature and accepting yourself.
When you have self-respect, you know the kind of person you want for yourself, and you care less about other people’s opinions and beliefs. If you respect yourself, you will always be ready to defend yourself and transform your life for the better. If you truly respect yourself, here are 21 things you will do, and people won’t realize why.
1. You prioritize yourself and put your desires first in a non-selfish way.
2. You don’t accept fake apologies and meaningless words. Instead, you look at the actions of the individual because words are too shallow to convince you.
3. You stop playing the mediator role. You let other people’s problems be theirs and focus on your life more. You simply don’t stick your head where it doesn’t belong.
4. You stop letting people drain your energy with constant problems and whining. These people always prevent you from moving ahead because their problems never end.
5. You stop justifying your actions because what you do with your life remains your decision entirely. You are responsible for your actions, and you don’t need to explain your choices to anybody.
6. You cut off the toxic relationships that only inflicts you with pain and heartache.
7. You respond to calls and texts only when you feel like it because you need some space. You simply don’t let people waste your time because you need to spend it on better things.
8. You go home whenever you feel like it, and you go out if you want to. You don’t let ignorant and socially accepted rules control how you live your life.
9. You achieve whatever you want to achieve regardless of what people expect from you. You owe no one anything; it’s your goals you want to achieve anyway.
10. You are never afraid to embrace change because you cannot run away from it.
11. You do not display your social life in social media because you don’t need the likes or comments to portray your true being.
12. You do not engage with people whose energy is contrary to yours.
13. You stay away from the harmful way of coping with life.
14. You no longer care about how people view your life because whatever they feel about you is their problem.
15. You are comfortable about saying no if your body and mind are against the decision.
16. You no longer expect anybody to tolerate your behavior. You don’t direct your anger to people.
17. You no longer try to convince anybody to like you and no longer change to please anybody if not for your convenience.
18. You accept the fact that not everybody can like you no matter what you do.
19. You start being responsible for yourself because you realize nothing comes on a silver platter and you have to chase the opportunities.
20. You no longer play the helpless victim.
21. You never prioritize people who only see you like the second option.