You must have heard about Winnie the Pooh. Everyone has. The adventurous story of this lovable bear is set in Ashdown Forest.
I grew up following the antics of this lovable character. And the impact is still evident in my life even today.
I particularly love his one-liners, and I have discovered that Winnie-the-Pooh has something to say about every kind of person and every situation in this life. Here are some of my favorite quotes by the one and only, Pooh Bear.
1. "Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love." – Winnie the Pooh
2. "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." – Winnie the Pooh
3. "Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering." – Winnie the Pooh
4. "Sometimes, said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." – Winnie the Pooh
5. "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits…" – Winnie the Pooh
6. "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes." – Winnie the Pooh
7. "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day." – Winnie the Pooh
8. "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." – Winnie the Pooh
9. "It's so much more friendly with two." – Winnie the Pooh
10. "Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem." – Winnie the Pooh
11. "Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this. – Winnie the Pooh
12. Piglet: "How do you spell 'love'?"
Pooh: "You don't spell it…you feel it."
13. "One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." – Winnie the Pooh
14. "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." – Winnie the Pooh
15. "I was walking along looking for somebody, and then suddenly I wasn't anymore." – Winnie the Pooh
16. "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." – Winnie the Pooh
17. "Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo." – Winnie the Pooh
18. "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost." – Winnie the Pooh
19. "Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." – Winnie the Pooh
20. "The things that make me different are the things that make me." – Winnie the Pooh
Impressed? I know you are.