He is known for his deep, calming voice, iconic appearances in dozens of films, a combined box office gross of over $4.5 billion, many award nominations, and other incredible achievements. My point is, Morgan Freeman knows a thing or two about sensible living, as these popular quotes will prove.
If you are having a hard time feeling grounded, know that it's totally fine. We all go through moments of uncertainty from time to time, including Morgan Freeman, despite his authoritative demeanor and his palpable sense of self-control.
So, why not learn a thing or two from this famous acting legend and find greater meaning in your life despite things not going the way you would have wanted them to as of yet?
Allow me to tell you that if you are at a point where your life seems to have lost meaning or direction and are wondering where to begin, these quotes might show you the way.
These Are From The Mouth Of Morgan Freeman Himself
He is a timeless actor who has overcome the odds to rise to the highest echelons of acting. In this industry, many believe supernatural power is the only guarantee for success and lasting relevance.
However, Morgan Freeman endured a rootless childhood and almost lost his life to pneumonia while nurturing his obvious acting talent to get where he is today.
1. "As long as you feel like a victim, you are one."
2. "Don't be different just for different's sake. If you see it differently, function that way. Follow your own muse, always."
3. "Kindness in thinking or giving creates profoundness and happiness. Kindness in saying creates an everlasting love".
4. "But I can say that life is good to me. Has been and is good. So I think my task is to be good at it. So how do you be good in life? You live it."
5. "Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance."
6. "I knew at an early age. I wanted to act. The acting was always easy for me. I don't believe in predestination, but I do believe that once you get where ever it is you are going, that is where you were going to be."
7. "I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing. You gotta keep your feet moving."
8. "Was I always going to be here? No, I was not. I was going to be homeless at one time, a taxi driver, truck driver, or any kind of job that would get me a crust of bread. You never know what's going to happen."
9. "When you have made your choice, it is providence that is your guide. Good, bad, or indifferent. Your fate lies in that."
10. "Insanity is coasting through life in a miserable existence when you have a caged lion locked inside and the key to release it."
Found your voice of reason yet? If you haven't, I am sure you are now well on your way with these great Morgan Freeman quotes, right?