The world is full of strange and mysterious items, and their specific uses can sometimes leave you wondering.
We have put together a list of 15 unusual items, and if you have ever seen one of them and wondered what it was, now you will finally get your answer!
1. These Strange Scissors Will Confuse Anyone
It is a pair of antique Victorian candle snuffers with trimming scissors.
2. This Unusual Ornament Has An Unexpected Use
You are not supposed to leave it in a standing position. It is a wall-mounted tie hanger, and the rotating function ensures you can find your favorite tie among the bunch.
3. If You Find This In Your Car, There Is No Need To Freak Out, It Is Not A Bomb!
This small box is the GPS tracking device installed in many modern cars. You definitely should not take it out of the car since it can help you track your vehicle if it gets stolen.
4. There Is A Stand With A Suction Cup For These Two Mysterious Items, What Could They Be?
Well, if you have a broken lightbulb high up below the ceiling, these can be of help. They are grips for changing light bulbs that are out of reach.
5. This Strangely Shaped Metal Contraption Is Only One Or Two Millimeters Thick
Maybe it popped out of your IKEA box and will help you assemble your furniture?
Nah, it is used to open the toilet paper dispensers you find in public toilets.
6. Have You Seen These Items Attached To The Label When You Bought A New Formal Skirt?
If you find these, make sure to save them. The manufacturer gives them to you so when your formal skirt starts to get a bit worn out, you can insert these into the collar and make it stiff again.
7. This Rusty And Foldable Metal Device Was Found On An Old Porch
Is it just junk, or does it have any use you might wonder?
It is a can crusher, quite usable in the United States and other countries where you can get cash for recycling aluminum cans.
8. This Pink Tool Looks Like A High-Tech Cotton Buds
If you look closer at the metal part, you will notice it is a small spiral. You are supposed to pull the pink handles so the spirals open. Then you put it down on hairs you want to remove and let go of the spiral.
Now the hairs are stuck in the spiral, and you can pull them out. Quite the effective and most undoubtedly painful way to get rid of unwanted hair!
9. Some Couples Do Everything Together, So This Is The Spoon For Them, Right?
Wrong, it is an African art piece representing two very distinct universes that are opposite but connected.
10. This Mystery Device Opens At A 90 Degrees Angle, And The Shorter Part Has Spikes
It is not easy to get it right. You might not have guessed that it is a toy from the 1800 century and you use it to blow bubbles from soap water.
11. Every Queen Needs A Foldable Crown For Traveling
It is from the Victorian era. However, it is supposed to be used as a purse, not a crown.
12. Does This Thing Belong In The Gym Or A Chemist's Lab?
You might have guessed this one right. The tool is used for holding a hot jar to protect your hand from heat. If you have this item, it could be your perfect companion when you visit one of those modern cafés that serve coffee in mugs without ears...
13. This Is From The Ladies' Section, Right?
Anyone can use this item since it is not a menstrual cup. It is used for the Chinese treatment called cupping.
14. This Little Tool Looks Like A Medieval Torture Device Though It Could Be In Anyone's Home
It is supposed to be used for slicing the top of your boiled eggs, nothing more sinister.
15. You Might Want To Get Those Wooden Rings Free
The truth is the wooden rings can not come off. The stick is a molinillo used to stir Mexican hot chocolate, and the rings help to create a creamy consistency. Yummy!