We have plenty to learn from Buddha, regardless of our religious stand. Throughout the years, this revered religious figure has inspired the masses with many profoundly insightful sayings and quotes that continue to guide us even today.
Here are some of his best.
1. "To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others."
Many people succeed in achieving greatness in their careers and their relationships with other people while they have not managed to overcome their own weaknesses. It's because that's a greater battle.
2. "Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it."
Everyone was born with a certain purpose, and once you discover it, you should give it your best and that will bring you happiness.
3. "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything."
Our decisions and our positions in this life are determined by our thoughts. If you can control yourself to have the right thoughts, then your life will be a good one as well.
4. "You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself."
Before any plan takes off, you have to create a mental picture of how it will unfold. You see things in your mind first before they happen in real life.
5. "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
Anger hurts you whether it is justified or not. As they say, anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
6. "All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Evil is conceived in the mind, and only by changing our thinking can we learn to do right.
7. "Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely."
As long as the life you live has a purpose, you will have nothing to regret in the end because you will have given it your all.
8. "The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."
That's true. As long as you depend on someone else, you are not truly free.
9. "The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows."
If you know how good you can be and fail to work on that, then you have truly failed in life. So, learn to chase your dreams, however ambitious they seem because that is the key to your ultimate happiness.
10. "What we think, we become."
I am sure you can find multiple proofs that this quote is true. It could be the job you are in, the relationship you are currently part of, or anything else.
Your thoughts turn into reality. In there is a point of caution: don't think about the bad things as they will happen to you.
I bet you are feeling a little more inspired now. Buddha certainly knew plenty about finding satisfaction and inner peace, and through these quotes, so do you.